Banter The Adelaide Board Politics/COVID Thread Part 2 (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
See, copying what others say without context doesn't help.

Again, I happily support those three things, they aren't exclusive to your bigoted views. I'd say everyone across the political spectrum wants those to varying degrees.

Just the way we want to do it might differ than you.
lol..no you don't bigot. We have read your thoughts on it here...you might want to start mass deleting your posts then

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
lol..no you don't bigot. We have read your thoughts on it here...you might want to start mass deleting your posts then
Why? You don't like a chaser video? I can post it again.

You've read my thoughts on what? Bigotry?

I mean sure, Exibit A. The guy who hates immigrants and is happy to see them suffer........

Maddogmetro

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
Disappointed this didn’t get a nibble yesterday. This is something apolitical we can all discuss.

Where does it all go wrong for someone like this?

I guess if there are underlying problems - addictions, stress, mental health issues, family problems - adding all that money can actually exacerbate the issues. Easy access to large amounts of drugs, increases familial tensions, no productive outlet through working.

Pretty sad really.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why? You don't like a chaser video? I can post it again.

You've read my thoughts on what? Bigotry?

I mean sure, Exibit A. The guy who hates immigrants and is happy to see them suffer........
see there you go - textbook bigotry on display from you again - you don't have the wit to understand the difference between someone who wants legal immigration and immigration laws to be followed and you that wants a free for all and bugger what the affected country might think

And you think posting that chaser video that attacks kids with cancer - knowing I have a young relative with cancer makes you a big man? I mean you should meet the parents and laugh about kids with cancer to them. I can arrange that meeting if you like big man

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
I guess if there are underlying problems - addictions, stress, mental health issues, family problems - adding all that money can actually exacerbate the issues. Easy access to large amounts of drugs, increases familial tensions, no productive outlet through working.

Pretty sad really.

I can’t believe how often it happens — people who win that sort of money and it winds up almost a life sentence.

Maddogmetro

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
I can’t believe how often it happens — people who win that sort of money and it winds up almost a life sentence.
There is a ridiculously high number of jackpot winners in the US who end up bankrupt. Such a strange statistic.

I assume most here would do the sensible things - purchase property, invest in low risk shares and long term deposits, spread the investments to minimise loss. Most of us could live comfortably from the interest only on some of these jackpots.

But perhaps that's easy to say, and when it actually happens it ends up very differently.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
see there you go - textbook bigotry on display from you again - you don't have the wit to understand the difference between someone who wants legal immigration and immigration laws to be followed and you that wants a free for all and bugger what the affected country might think

And you think posting that chaser video that attacks kids with cancer - knowing I have a young relative with cancer makes you a big man? I mean you should meet the parents and laugh about kids with cancer to them. I can arrange that meeting if you like big man
You really don't understand the word bigot do you. Perhaps stop using it instead of misusing it. Find a word you do understand.

I've never stated I want an immigration free for all, I've said a number of times that I'm in support of tough borders. That's just a strawman you've created to defeat.

The video has nothing to do with attacking children with cancer, that's just another straw man you can beat up because as usual you are devoid of coherent arguments.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Cap is pro-life and supports tough immigration laws, yet spends all day on here impersonating a leftist.

Amazing really. Baffling.
Again, i understand someone going through what you are going through it is hard to understand people having views that don't align to you.

Having tough borders doesn't mean treating people poorly. It's pretty simple.

Now stop quoting me, I don't won't to have to put you on ignore as it breaks up the thread.

Maddogmetro

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
Cap is pro-life and supports tough immigration laws, yet spends all day on here impersonating a leftist.

Amazing really. Baffling.

The problem is that those two labels assume that those topics are black and white. Either one extreme or the other. But in reality there are a number of positions that can appear in between the extremes.

'Pro-life' could mean no abortion under ay circumstances. It could mean supporting the choice of an abortion only in the event of rape or incest. It could mean supporting the choice of an abortion only in the very early stages of pregnancy. Or could mean that you would never get one yourself, or would discourage others from getting one, but understanding that the ultimate choice should be that of the person affected. 'Pro-choice' could mean supporting the choice of abortion at any time for any reason, or up to a certain point in pregnancy, or something different.

'Tough immigration' can have so many meanings that I won't even bother to try to list them all. But it doesn't necessarily mean you are against all immigration. It could mean that you fully support immigration but subject to strict requirements.

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
The Greens...obviously their candidate selection needs an overhaul when characters like Lidia Thorpe can represent them in Parliament. 🤮

Leaked email reveals Greens staffer ‘scared and in shock’ after Lidia Thorpe’s ‘truly awful’ outburst​

Greens senator Lidia Thorpe’s former chief-of-staff says he was scared and appalled by her outburst in a meeting with two Indigenous community leaders at Parliament House last year, describing her behaviour among the most unprofessional conduct he has ever witnessed.

The claims by Thorpe’s ex-top adviser reinforce the account of the meeting by Aboriginal elder Aunty Geraldine Atkinson, aged in her 70s, who has previously alleged the tirade of abuse levelled at her by the senator distressed her so much that she sought medical attention from the parliamentary nurse.
David Mejia-Canales, who resigned from Thorpe’s office in June, accompanied the senator to the meeting with Atkinson and Marcus Stewart, the co-chairs of the First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria, and their policy adviser, Nicole Schlesinger, to discuss the state’s treaty process in a committee room in Parliament House, Canberra, on June 22, 2021.

His account of what happened and his efforts to inform the Greens’ leadership of Thorpe’s “appalling conduct” are detailed in an apology email sent from his Parliament House address to Atkinson and Stewart in June, one year after the meeting, as one of his final acts before leaving the senator’s office.
In the email, a copy of which has been obtained by The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age, Mejia-Canales said he still did not know why Thorpe had agreed to the meeting only to proceed “to behave so badly”.
“Since that meeting, I have wanted to reach out to you to apologise because the conduct that I witnessed at that meeting was by far one of the most unprofessional displays I have ever seen, not just during the length of my career, but in my life,” the email said.
Mejia-Canales described his shock at how the meeting “went so wrong and so quickly” and said his “biggest regret” was not ending the meeting sooner. He said he ended the meeting by getting a colleague to call the room’s phone.
“I hope that you can understand that I was scared and in shock because I have never, ever been in that situation at work,” he wrote.

“Eventually, I did discreetly text my colleagues to ask one of them to ring the committee room we were in, I then pretended that it was an urgent phone call and we needed to leave therefore cutting the meeting short.”
The claims by Mejia-Canales about Thorpe’s behaviour follow a period of scrutiny on Parliament House’s workplace culture, including the damning 2021 Jenkins report that examined bullying and sexual harassment within the building and recommended a new code of conduct for federal MPs and their staff be implemented. A special joint select committee will hold public hearings this week on a code of conduct.

dani_giuls

All Australian
Apr 17, 2010
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
There is a ridiculously high number of jackpot winners in the US who end up bankrupt. Such a strange statistic.

I assume most here would do the sensible things - purchase property, invest in low risk shares and long term deposits, spread the investments to minimise loss. Most of us could live comfortably from the interest only on some of these jackpots.

But perhaps that's easy to say, and when it actually happens it ends up very differently.

You only have to see how most people act when they get access to money to know that unfortunately for some, financial literacy is quite poor. As a graduate a long time ago, I entered the mining industry and was lucky to start on a very good wage (for a graduate, when you look at the hours and conditions you work it wasnt as exciting!). Whilst I was paying off a mortgage, putting every spare cent towards it and driving a second hand kia mentor, a few of my fellow graduates went out and bought brand new $40-50k cars, buying brand new iphones (smartphones were JUST becoming a thing that year!) and going out for fancy dinners several times a break.

This is really minor compared to the posted story, and most of my mates did not get into any bad shenanigans and are doing quite well now. But it just shows you a different mindset I suppose.

I even had a family friend ask me if it was a good idea for them to let a sibling put the cost of european holiday on their holiday and pay it back like you would a loan!!! And the amount of arguments I have had with people who cannot understand how a credit card can be good (using it in lieu of cash to maximise offset accounts etc.) it just highlights that we really dont learn enough practical skills (and I am sure there are plenty of areas in finance I could learn from and happy to get some tips!).

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
The Greens...obviously their candidate selection needs an overhaul when characters like Lidia Thorpe can represent them in Parliament. 🤮

Leaked email reveals Greens staffer ‘scared and in shock’ after Lidia Thorpe’s ‘truly awful’ outburst​

Lidia Thorpe & Jacinta Price.

Could indigenous Australians be represented by a worse pair of ****wits?

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Lidia Thorpe & Jacinta Price.

Could indigenous Australians be represented by a worse pair of ****wits?
Cannot agree re Jacinta Price but of course that was the purpose of you quoting me.

Jacinta has lived the experience up close and central all her life in the NT unlike the other city dwelling screaming banshee who has likely never been within 100km of an actual aboriginal settlement.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Cannot agree re Jacinta Price but of course that was the purpose of you quoting me.

Jacinta has lived the experience up close and central all her life in the NT unlike the other city dwelling screaming banshee who has likely never been within 100km of an actual aboriginal settlement.
They're both horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back