SA The Adelaide Thread

Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not sure how old you are or where abouts you're from but most people would absolutely have SH and Igs very far ahead of CBC in terms of 'image'

I think Sacred Heart is #1 when it comes to spitting out AFL footy players :)

I actually find it quite interesting that this is the Adelaide thread and there has been no commentary on the TDU, great international event that attracts the best of the best cyclists. You just have to visit Adelaide airport just prior to the event and see all the bikes coming into town.

Awesome event for participants, spectators and cyclists alike.

Last edited:

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
I did notice the explosion in the MAMIL population last week. TDU is a great event for SA though, just hope it doesn't get poached by another state like so many things do.

Feb 11, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I did notice the explosion in the MAMIL population last week.

I friggin hate when they all sober up and decide to group together and be healthy bike riders while the Tourer is on. Almost hit a bunch on the weekend when they occupied the left hand side of Brighton Rd on the blind left kink heading toward Lonsdale Rd.

I dont mind adelaide as a place to visit. My best mate moved there (Highbury) about 3 years ago, so I frequently visit. There are some cool bars and food places, it's just a bit slow

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Let's do it, why the **** not
Get in quick if serious, accommodation options are just about exhausted, flights are still cheap though, but that is sure to change once the airlines realise they are missing out on a cash cow, some Jetstar flights are already sold out.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
Thought I'd throw this place out there: Tenafeate Creek Winery
http://www.tcw.com.au/
It's a great place to go for a slow lunch. They keep their overheads way down by only really doing cheese platters, bruschetta, pizzas and gelatti, but they do them very very well. Their wines are decent, they now brew their own beer which is super tasty, the coffees are good. There's a big lawn area/rotunda for the kids to run amok as well so they don't get bored and bug you about going home.

We tend to make the trek out there a couple of times a year, usually when catching up with friends who have kids of a similar age as ours.

Jun 29, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Thought I'd throw this place out there: Tenafeate Creek Winery
It's a great place to go for a slow lunch. They keep their overheads way down by only really doing cheese platters, bruschetta, pizzas and gelatti, but they do them very very well. Their wines are decent, they now brew their own beer which is super tasty, the coffees are good. There's a big lawn area/rotunda for the kids to run amok as well so they don't get bored and bug you about going home.

We tend to make the trek out there a couple of times a year, usually when catching up with friends who have kids of a similar age as ours.

Great spot, I live about 15 minutes from Tenafeate. Same as you go there to catch up with friends a few times a year.

17795756_972406186230054_5334859670695031497_n.jpg

Nov 8, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not only are Adelaide walkers damn slow. They have this annoying habit of walking abreast of each other in a group stuck in their own conversation(slowing them down more and blocking others from getting through) with no consideration for others. This is the "things that annoy you" thread?

Back