SA The Adelaide Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not only are Adelaide walkers damn slow. They have this annoying habit of walking abreast of each other in a group stuck in their own conversation(slowing them down more and blocking others from getting through) with no consideration for others. This is the "things that annoy you" thread?

Or tailgate while you walk. It's like they haven't heard of personal space!

Not only are Adelaide walkers damn slow. They have this annoying habit of walking abreast of each other in a group stuck in their own conversation(slowing them down more and blocking others from getting through) with no consideration for others. This is the "things that annoy you" thread?

Mate that's not just Adelaide, been to a few places around the world and it's the same everywhere.

Would purchase
You should knit your own jumper.
images

Hey guys! Anyone in here live around the Athelstone/Newton area? I live in Athelstone up near the foodland, and am looking to change internet provider. Currently with TPG, but our Line of sight distance is around 4900m, so we're miles away from their exchange in Paradise. The fastest speed we've ever recorded is 1.3mb a second download, which makes life hell :/ Anybody live around that area or know anyone around the area and have a decent internet connection? I've heard Nuskope are pretty good, and have heard Belong aren't too bad, but they can have coverage issues too. Im new to adelaide so don't really have any local mates/friends to ask, and all my colleagues live out West :(

Hey guys! Anyone in here live around the Athelstone/Newton area? I live in Athelstone up near the foodland, and am looking to change internet provider. Currently with TPG, but our Line of sight distance is around 4900m, so we're miles away from their exchange in Paradise. The fastest speed we've ever recorded is 1.3mb a second download, which makes life hell :/ Anybody live around that area or know anyone around the area and have a decent internet connection? I've heard Nuskope are pretty good, and have heard Belong aren't too bad, but they can have coverage issues too. Im new to adelaide so don't really have any local mates/friends to ask, and all my colleagues live out West :(
I worked with a guy who lived in Athelstone, switched to Nuskope after a lot of research and was very happy with it. He could see the tower from his house though, no trees or hills in between.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

main south road with the "golden mile" of petrol stations on the left
Saw this on the " ADELAIDE REMEMBER WHEN ? " fb page

Can you guess where it is ?

View attachment 398560

looks like the only place in Adelaide, back in the day, where you could buy petrol on the weekend

The exchange is where your phone line terminates (ISP doesn't matter), if you're 5 km away I would suspect your ADSL line will be garbage no matter what ISP you have. You're in a bad spot.

Nuskope or Uniti would be your best bet, if you're in coverage.

20637845_1050351871768818_8286616886711975808_n.jpg

The one and only Johnny Haysman.

Years ago i was at an SANFL trial at Noarlunga oval , Sturt vs South.
40 deg day , i'm sitting in the stand by myself when in walks Johnny , the entire stand watches him walk in , come up the stairs and plonk himself right next to me......( was plenty of spaces he could've sat too. )

My horror eased within 10 seconds of his 1st sentence when it became apparent he was no mug , VERY well spoken , knew his footy as much as anyone.
Great bloke , just took a bad batch of something years ago i'm pretty sure.

View attachment 399253

40 deg day , i'm sitting in the stand by myself when in walks Johnny , the entire stand watches him walk in , come up the stairs and plonk himself right next to me......( was plenty of spaces he could've sat too. )

My horror eased within 10 seconds of his 1st sentence when it became apparent he was no mug , VERY well spoken , knew his footy as much as anyone.

Is from Clare. Apparently a gun footballer in his day.

Is from Clare. Apparently a gun footballer in his day.
He did mention he played up north.

Many a Hindley st cruise was livened up by a Johnny Sighting , can remember him twirling a hula-hoop while wearing a pink tu-tu the tripper lol

View attachment 399253

I used to serve him at work, he is very nice

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Went down the mall last month for the first time in about ten years to pick up some sneakers that had sold out, from a guy that had bought up.

Can remember said pink tutu from many many years ago.....singing away to everyone

Also the guy that stands out the front of shops with the mic..
The mrs and i lost it laughing that he was still doing it, we can remember going to dazzleland as teenagers and hearing him

Went down the mall last month for the first time in about ten years to pick up some sneakers that had sold out, from a guy that had bought up.

Can remember said pink tutu from many many years ago.....singing away to everyone

Also the guy that stands out the front of shops with the mic..
The mrs and i lost it laughing that he was still doing it, we can remember going to dazzleland as teenagers and hearing him
That guy will be doing it until the day he kicks the bucket. I reckon he's moved around a little too. Mainly see him out front of Harris Scarf these days.

It's a real talent to be able to keep talking but not actually saying anything, like he does. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back