SA The Adelaide Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

you guys talking about Regency Rd & South Road?

what have they messed up about it?
I think we are talking about two different ones. BACCS is talking about the Darlington interchange and I’m talking about South Rd/Regency Rd (Coopers Brewery corner)
Down to 1 lane in all directions at certain parts of the day and traffic is banked up for miles

Nah it’s the South Road upgrade at Darlington. Absolute complete sh*t show and doesn’t appear to have an ending in sight.

Signage is minimal to non existent, plenty of people (like myself today) accidentally end up on the Southern Expressway and then can’t get off until Morphett Vale. The signage appears to state that you must remain in the left lanes to continue onto Darlington (traveling south), but then without warning the 2nd most left lane ends up being entry onto the Expressway and it’s way too late to quickly change lanes, especially in peak hour.

Adrian Brien Ford is iconic on the corner of South and Ayliffs Road, to even get there from the south now you have to complete about 3 u-turns unless you’re coming off the expressway.

They have included five different changes to the direction of traffic over a number of stages, of which we are in the final stage now. Most of the roads still haven’t had their final coats and it’s like driving through the outback. This has been going for at least 3-5 years now.
If you accidentally hit the start of the expressway they have opened up the Happy Valley/Darlington exit.

The worst time is at 6.30 am when it is wet and or raining. Just goes dark

I had to go through there on Wednesday morning and afternoon during peak hour, got through it pretty quick
I prefer not to go that way but will do if I have to. Doesnt take that long but it is a dogs breakfast

The idea is to increase the overpass from the current location at the golf course and connect to the tunnel at Torrens rd

But oh boy it will be a nightmare when they do get started for real

I had to go through there on Wednesday morning and afternoon during peak hour, got through it pretty quick
Yeah it’s a strange one. Sometimes I go through there in peak and get straight through and then half an hour later try to go back the other way and it’s a 15-20 minute wait. Traffic on Days Rd has increased massively in the last few days so I think many are now looking at ways around the intersection

I prefer not to go that way but will do if I have to. Doesnt take that long but it is a dogs breakfast

The idea is to increase the overpass from the current location at the golf course and connect to the tunnel at Torrens rd

But oh boy it will be a nightmare when they do get started for real
Think the main overpass is starting around May next year but by the sounds of it they will put in a couple of diversion lanes to help ease traffic

Yeah it’s a strange one. Sometimes I go through there in peak and get straight through and then half an hour later try to go back the other way and it’s a 15-20 minute wait. Traffic on Days Rd has increased massively in the last few days so I think many are now looking at ways around the intersection
I find if you stick on the right hand lane it goes pretty quick,everyone in the far left is trying to merge into the middle lane slowing it down

Im assuming the end goal is to get South Rd flowing with no lights?

The brickworks to Henley Beach Rd stretch could be next... Thats always banked up.

Same with castle plaza bit

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
I spoke to my cousin's husband about this, he who works at DPTI at Christmas time and they are looking at options for those two areas, but won't be happening for a while

Im assuming the end goal is to get South Rd flowing with no lights?

The brickworks to Henley Beach Rd stretch could be next... Thats always banked up.

Same with castle plaza bit

Castle plaza is more likely 10 years away and most likely a tunnel from Daws to Edward st

Yet 3 walking over/underpasses at raglan , pedestrian and red rooster corner would stop a lot of congestion

should just build one of those huge bridges like near grand junction rd over the top of South Rd from torrens tunnel exit (before Brickworks intersection) all the way to Darlington.

That is one of the ideas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah it’s the South Road upgrade at Darlington. Absolute complete sh*t show and doesn’t appear to have an ending in sight.

Signage is minimal to non existent, plenty of people (like myself today) accidentally end up on the Southern Expressway and then can’t get off until Morphett Vale. The signage appears to state that you must remain in the left lanes to continue onto Darlington (traveling south), but then without warning the 2nd most left lane ends up being entry onto the Expressway and it’s way too late to quickly change lanes, especially in peak hour.

Adrian Brien Ford is iconic on the corner of South and Ayliffs Road, to even get there from the south now you have to complete about 3 u-turns unless you’re coming off the expressway.

They have included five different changes to the direction of traffic over a number of stages, of which we are in the final stage now. Most of the roads still haven’t had their final coats and it’s like driving through the outback. This has been going for at least 3-5 years now.
I see. So it's currently buggered at both ends. Hats off to everyone involved.

Was driving past Park 25 on Tuesday, just as Nathan Lyon was on his way to bowl for NSW. Kinda cool seeing a Test player bowling on what is pretty well a suburban park with zero spectators.

Where it all started for him too. Bowling in Big Bash trial games.
I remember being at his first BBL game for the Redbacks with a good mate of mine. Anyway, he had played grade cricket against Lyon not long before that game and said he had smacked him all around the park, couldn’t believe he was getting a game. Here we are over 10 years later and he’s the best spinner in the world!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back