SA The Adelaide Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but they're not kebab meat, they're yiros!

No I don't know the difference either.
YIROS!!!

I've been trying to think of what we called them in Adelaide for ages and it wouldn't come to me!

Working in a call cente years ago I found it difficult to distinguish if a caller says they live in Goolwa or Gawler. Always had to ask them to spell it or provide the postcode.

They do sound similar but not enough to clarify.

Gawler also sounds odd.
Like they've thought of gall stones and bowler and put the 2 terms together.

Also, what's the scummiest area in Adelaide?

Gawler also sounds odd.

Daveron Park.

Northern Adelaide, past Grand Junction Road is pretty dire and tends to get worse the further north you go. The Elizabeth area is very scummy.

Daveron Park.

Northern Adelaide, past Grand Junction Road is pretty dire and tends to get worse the further north you go. The Elizabeth area is very scummy.
Played cricket at Elizabeth once, someone robbed our changing room.

Always have a little chuckle when I hear the name Goolwa.
Likewise Eagle on the Hill.

What's a Tailem Bend?

Goolwa's the biz.
Just don't try swimming at the beach.

Rich rello had a place on Hindmarsh near the barrage , would wake each morning to the sound of the lake flowing into an inlet and could hear the breakers on the coast in the background.

Pisces here so that's as close to heaven as i've been.

L
Daveron Park.

Rubbish, if you go north you come to the barossa, prob a tad nicer than Dav park
But see what your saying, once you're past muno Para it's actually quite nice in the north

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gawler also sounds odd.

The main suspects (most areas directly north of Grand Junction Road and Hackham) have already been mentioned. Also add Christie Downs, Noarlunga Downs and "The Parks" between Gepps Cross and Port Adelaide (Mansfield, Ferryden, Athol etc.) which are also pretty ordinary.

Grew up in Adelaide and moved to the Melbourne after graduting university. Then moved to California for a few year in my late 20's

Let me just say, there are plenty of worse places to live in the world. Lived in San Fernado Valley and the San Jose and Adelaide make both places look awesome.

Grew up in Adelaide and moved to the Melbourne after graduting university. Then moved to California for a few year in my late 20's

Let me just say, there are plenty of worse places to live in the world. Lived in San Fernado Valley and the San Jose and Adelaide make both places look awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back