SA The Adelaide Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is 4 nights and 3 full days enough for a first time visit? Would be going the weekend of Saturday May 11th to see the Showdown at Adelaide Oval that night.

Is 4 nights and 3 full days enough for a first time visit? Would be going the weekend of Saturday May 11th to see the Showdown at Adelaide Oval that night.

Showdowns are basically the standard of the the top two teams going at it as if there is no next week. Very very physical and more plot twists than a woody Allen flick. More heroes and than an avengers trilogy more Villians than the whole James bond repotoire.

They should be televised nationaly. The closest standard I've ever seen in this state is when sa vs Vic rivalry was at its most fierce

Enjoy

Showdowns are basically the standard of the the top two teams going at it as if there is no next week. Very very physical and more plot twists than a woody Allen flick. More heroes and than an avengers trilogy more Villians than the whole James bond repotoire.

They should be televised nationaly. The closest standard I've ever seen in this state is when sa vs Vic rivalry was at its most fierce

Enjoy

Yeah that's why I'm going that weekend (if my boss ever gets around to approving the leave). Don't like Essendon enough these days to travel for them so going for the Showdown seemed an obvious idea. Love the event atmosphere you get at big, sold out games.

Yeah that's why I'm going that weekend (if my boss ever gets around to approving the leave). Don't like Essendon enough these days to travel for them so going for the Showdown seemed an obvious idea. Love the event atmosphere you get at big, sold out games.
I feel this is a watershed moment, the showdown is now considered a game worth travelling to for non fans

Question.... fairly new to Adelaide still... is putting up the Christmas tree after the pageant an Adelaide tradition? Took the kids to the Christmas pageant and have copped a few comments at parent's groups/kindies asking why i haven't put up the tree yet

Question.... fairly new to Adelaide still... is putting up the Christmas tree after the pageant an Adelaide tradition? Took the kids to the Christmas pageant and have copped a few comments at parent's groups/kindies asking why i haven't put up the tree yet
Correct. It is indeed a benchmark for Christmas tree erection. Lights December 1 though

Bit of a random question but...

I grew up in Adelaide but left at age 12, my family moved back down there earlier this year while I'm still up in D-Town. They live in Old Reynella.

My eldest sister wagged school and went to Blair Athol instead, having passed through the CBD. Now I used to play for Kilburn and my recollection of Blair Athol is that it isn't somewhere you'd neglect the CBD to go to, has it changed much in the last 5 years or something?

I grew up in Adelaide but left at age 12, my family moved back down there earlier this year while I'm still up in D-Town. They live in Old Reynella.

My eldest sister wagged school and went to Blair Athol instead, having passed through the CBD. Now I used to play for Kilburn and my recollection of Blair Athol is that it isn't somewhere you'd neglect the CBD to go to, has it changed much in the last 5 years or something?

Was she buying drugs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She has a friend or lover.

Lots of drugs in norlunga Christie's beach ect

Blair athol is know for hookers standing on main north road during the day.

Unless you're Afghani that would be a rather weird thing to do.

Correct. It is indeed a benchmark for Christmas tree erection. Lights December 1 though

Ahh fair enough. Rookie mistake. Kids and I are taking part in the Norwood Pageant this weekend so will tie it in with that then! Thanks for that

Went to a volunteer dinner last night in Norwood, and F*** me, do those Norwood oldies love a wine or 10. Watched one table of 6 80+ year olds sink about 2-3 bottles each and then all get up and try stumble out to the carpark. The staff (rightfully so) tried to stop them and then got abused . Gee whiz

Went to a volunteer dinner last night in Norwood, and F*** me, do those Norwood oldies love a wine or 10. Watched one table of 6 80+ year olds sink about 2-3 bottles each and then all get up and try stumble out to the carpark. The staff (rightfully so) tried to stop them and then got abused . Gee whiz
Norwood has a dark history for ruling class child sex gangs. A cafe was named in the mulligan inquiry where they all meet on a regular basis. A very well know respected leader would have barbecues at his property on Sundays and orphans would be invited much like Jimmy Saville was known for.

The names that were known to attend is sickning and those that turned a blind eye.

Every Western city has this story

Remove this Banner Ad

Back