Unofficial Preview The Adventures of Belly and Sleeves

Remove this Banner Ad

TRADEMAS DAY

Belly steps into trade side by side with Stevo, Wallsy carrying the bags 15 metres behind. Throngs of media buffoons charge to interview him. Belly motions Stevo and Wallsy ahead and turns to face the media

Belly: "I'm here to do due diligence and make trades"

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Belly: "And I'm all out of diligence"

Belly strides off, 2 jackets and a club polo firmly popped, catching up with Stevo and Wallsy in a flurry of short steps.

For the next 3 hours Belly and Stevo operate with the speed of Jason Dunstall at an all you can eat buffet and the precision of Buddy Franklin on a mirrored surface. Wallsy holds the bags

Deals are set-up, trades established and one by one they fall.

Noble: "We really cant afford to give you our future 1st, we're losing Beams. Who knows where we finish next year"

Belly: "Listen ****face, I dont give a shi..."

Stevo: "What Belly means is that either you pony up two firsts or you're starting midfield will have the average age of a kindergartner and Dayne "OMG A TAG WHAT DO I DO" Zorko"

Noble shifts around uncomfortably in his seat. He knows he has no choice.

1 TRADE DOWN
Popped Status
Belly: 4 popped collars
Stevo: 3 popped buttons
Wallsy: 3 bags

McCartney: "The premiership I won in 2016..."

Stevo: "Alright alright alright, 11-14 and 19 but if you say the premiership word again around me today, the deal is off"

Belly: "And chuck in some late s**t"

McCartney: "You have yourself a deal fellas."

McCartney's head slowly turns a deep deep red as he holds in his breath. He cant hold it in, his heads is now a deep magenta

Belly: "Do you need us to leave?"

McCartney nods his head furiously

Belly and Stevo walk away, its time for the final piece

McCartney: "2016 premiership"

2 TRADES DOWN
Popped Status
Belly: 3 popped collars
Stevo: 2 popped buttons

Belly: "You get our pick swap, our handle Mahoney"

Stevo nods in understanding and heads off

Belly, enters the room with Mahoney. Its 1 v1, mano e mano.

Belly: "Josh"

Mahoney: "Peter"

Mahoney: "Despite you're games over the weekend Peter, we are steadfast. Two first round pick's.

Silence from Belly

Mahoney: "Uhh, we'd also take 1 first and Langdon"

Silence from Belly

Mahoney: "Ummm, so yeah, that's our position and we arent moving"

More silence from Belly until finally, he leans in

Belly: "I know you've seen those photo's Josh"

A bead of sweat runs down Josh's head. His face turns a pale yellow color as he remembers the images

Belly: "I told you at the start, 11 and a future 2nd. I'm feeling generous, 6 and 23, take it or leave it"

Mahoney squirms. The walls are getting closer

Mahoney: "I ahum really cant take less than..."

Belly: "6 and 23"

Mahoney: "I cant"

Mahoney: "Please, just make it 19..."

Belly moves closer to Mahoney. His presence is over-bearing

Mahoney opens his mouth 3 times to retort but cant find the words.

Mahoney: "OK OK YOU WIN, 6 AND 23"

Belly: "And chuck in pick god damn 65.......... Because I feel like it"

Belly stands up and walks out the room, Stevo joins him, pick trade complete. They walk out into the trade hub together, a light follows them where they walk

4 TRADES DOWN
Popped Status
Belly: 10 popped collars
Stevo: No buttons left

The lads sit down (apart from Wallsy, he's carrying the bags). A hard days work complete. They have achieved what many thought was impossible.

Out: Neale, 6, Future 3rd
In: Hogan, Lobb, 14, 31, 65

Belly turns to Stevo

Belly: "Wine bar?"

Stevo: "Cant Bae, they dont let us leave till 8:30pm"

Belly: "F*** me, what do the rest of the day?"

Stevo: "F*** with Rawlings?"

Belly: "Sounds good, OI WELLSY..."

8:15 pm

Belly: "Looks like Kelly's staying at Geelong, ****ing campaigner"

Stevo: "Didnt want the little ***** anyway"

Barrett comes in over the microphone

Barrett: "The Fremantle Dockers have completed 1 more trade for the day, securing Travis Colyer for a future 4th"

Belly and Stevo look at eachother in shock

Belly: "The **** we did"

The two of them run up to the trade desk to view the paperwork.

T Colyer to Fremantle
Future 4th to Essendon

Signed: P. Bell

Stevo: "Why Bae?"

Belly: "I've been sitting with you the whole time you stupid Snowflake"

Belly surveil's the room until he see's him. A cheeky grin and a thumbs up confirm his suspicious

Lloydy mouths "Now we're even"

For the first time this trade period, Belly cracks a smile.

Barrett: "And the doors are closed, trade period is over"

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Epilogue

1 Day later

Belly opens the door and Wallsy drops his bags in the door.

Belly: "You can go Wallsy"

It's good to be home. He moves quietly through his home, exhausted from the week's activities. But, he cant rest, there is one more task to do.

He moves to his basement door. The keycode entry beeps and shines as he enter's the code.

BEEP BEEP and the door springs open.

Belly descends the stairs, careful not to misstep in the darkness. Only a faint glow from his PC provides light.

He gets to his PC and opens photoshop, the images are repulsive. 1 by 1 he delete's the photo's before taking out his hard drive, picking up a hammer and destroying it once and for all.

No one will ever know.

Last edited:
A stroke of genius from Steve Rosich to get Tom Petroro and his company involved in the trade.
Seems Fremantle were the bad boys for holding things up the first week, yet were the club that made the move to make it happen.
Egg on faces for some, and had to eat humble pie for dinner last night.All the "trade Experts" have been strangely quite today.

Snuffaluphagus great conclusion, although it would've been hilarious of Steve started unbuttoning Bae's shirt after he ran out of buttons and Wallsy was still carrying Belly's bags when he got home.

I look forward to draft night.

For all the bagging Fremantle copped last week, it took Steve Rosich to ask Tom Petroro and his group,TLa, for assistance to get the deals done.
Very forward thinking from Rosich.every one else was sitting on the hands, thumbs up bums waiting for Fremantle to fold.Freo got the ball rolling.

For all the bagging Fremantle copped last week, it took Steve Rosich to ask Tom Petroro and his group,TLa, for assistance to get the deals done.
Very forward thinking from Rosich.every one else was sitting on the hands, thumbs up bums waiting for Fremantle to fold.Freo got the ball rolling.

I missed the Tom Petroro involvement as it was hard to keep up with everything at times. Could you be so kind as to give a brief summary of it for me please.

Brilliant work Snuffaluphagus, trade week was exciting already but you took it to the next level.

Thinking of providing the same commentary for the draft? ;)

Brilliant work Snuffaluphagus, trade week was exciting already but you took it to the next level.

Thinking of providing the same commentary for the draft? ;)
I reckon ill give it a go this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon ill give it a go this year
why stop there? I reckon you could make this a feature in:
  • first day of pre-season,
  • 3km time trial,
  • team travel for an away game,
  • team photo shoot,
  • open training session,
  • Doig & Brownlow nights,
  • bye week
  • and so on

why stop there? I reckon you could make this a feature in:
  • first day of pre-season,
  • 3km time trial,
  • team travel for an away game,
  • team photo shoot,
  • open training session,
  • Doig & Brownlow nights,
  • bye week
  • and so on
Hmmm, you raise a good point. It may as well be a daily occurrence

Just wanted to give a heads up given my promises up above that I wont be able to do a draft story. Completely flat out at work and going overseas in a week.

Sorry!!!
I forgive you and you've already done heaps! I think you have all off-season to capture a bunch of stuff. I don't care how long it takes, you've hooked me and I want more!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back