The Advertiser - What a Newspaper

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought he would have been a shoe-in!

I love it how BigHawk has never made a post about Hawthorn ;)

Rooch, does your boss know you waste valuable company time posting on Big Footy?

Where do you think he gets all his research & ideas for many of his columns? Waste of valuable company time? Hardly.

Surprised his name wasn't mentioned when the mod vacancy came up.

After we lost the final to Hawthorn last year BigHawk came on here and gloated how much he loved September. Ironically, this statement was made 3 weeks before the biggest Grand Final choke in VFL/AFL history occured.

Brilliant.:D

Was perusing through the Sunday Mail tonight whilst waiting for tea and Jesper's article stated that Rutten played most of the night on Franklin. Yet in their little side bar bit they had written that it had been apparently talked about all week that Bock was going to man up on Franklin (I could have sworn it was Moran....) and that this match up apparently occured and Bock was able to hold Buddy quiet for three quarters. :rolleyes: The sheer stupidity, incompetence and lack of checking by the editors amazes me.

Gee that's really poor. That's not even funny. It shows they have no respect at all for their audience. Just goes to show you how stupid your average Advertiser reader is to continously hand over their hard earned for this rubbish.

There's a real dumming down of the SA population over the last couple of years. Very sad.

After we lost the final to Hawthorn last year BigHawk came on here and gloated how much he loved September. Ironically, this statement was made 3 weeks before the biggest Grand Final choke in VFL/AFL history occured.

Brilliant.:D

You reckon they choked? I think they were just outplayed.
Geez if they had choked then they would have lost by 219 points!.

I don't know about you guys, but I kinda got a sense of dejavu when reading this article on that quality website known as AdelaideNow:

"When winning is pure magic
KEN McGREGOR
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,23333295-5006301,00.html

I'LL never forget standing on the dais holding up a premiership cup, having just silenced 30,000 Collingwood fans.

Sure, it wasn't the big one in September but the 2003 pre-season cup victory still remains one of the highlights of my footballing career.
To achieve something against the odds (defeating a strong Collingwood team at Telstra Dome) with 25 of my closest friends is a fantastic memory.

There is nothing like the feeling of playing in front of a big crowd, with every move you make being watched and analysed. The crowd seems to grab hold of whatever emotion you are feeling and then it multiplies it 40,000 times – you can't hide from it.

To stand up in front of 30,000 plus Adelaide supporters, knowing I have contributed to a home town victory, is something worth fighting for.

Pre-season victories should not be underestimated. Many great footballers, such as the legendary Gary Ablett, never got to stand on the podium in either a pre-season or a major grand final.

The NAB Cup has taken some heavy criticism lately, with many football coaches and players calling it inconvenient and unneccesary but this is definitely not the case at the Adelaide Football Club.

Our NAB Cup campaign has been a huge success for the club regardless of the result tomorrow night. Nothing bonds a team like winning.

Adelaide Crows star Ken McGregor is a trainee reporter with The Advertiser When winning is pure magic

I'LL never forget standing on the dais holding up a premiership cup, having just silenced 30,000 Collingwood fans.

Sure, it wasn't the big one in September but the 2003 pre-season cup victory still remains one of the highlights of my footballing career.

To achieve something against the odds (defeating a strong Collingwood team at Telstra Dome) with 25 of my closest friends is a fantastic memory.

There is nothing like the feeling of playing in front of a big crowd, with every move you make being watched and analysed. The crowd seems to grab hold of whatever emotion you are feeling and then it multiplies it 40,000 times – you can't hide from it.

To stand up in front of 30,000 plus Adelaide supporters, knowing I have contributed to a home town victory, is something worth fighting for.

Pre-season victories should not be underestimated. Many great footballers, such as the legendary Gary Ablett, never got to stand on the podium in either a pre-season or a major grand final.

The NAB Cup has taken some heavy criticism lately, with many football coaches and players calling it inconvenient and unneccesary but this is definitely not the case at the Adelaide Football Club.

Our NAB Cup campaign has been a huge success for the club regardless of the result tomorrow night. Nothing bonds a team like winning.

Adelaide Crows star Ken McGregor is a trainee reporter with The Advertiser."

Please Kenny, don't degrade yourself to write for this trumped up piece of toilet paper:eek:

Apparently its not just the hacks at the advertiser who have no idea and no editor, from the realfooty website this morning:

Young Malthouse Magpies do job on Crows

March 22, 2008 - 7:18PM

Collingwood coach Mick Malthouse said he was encouraged by the way his young side were able to hold their nerve and run away from a more experienced Fremantle outfit at the MCG.
The Magpies won 16.15 (111) to 13.7 (85), having trailed by eight points entering time-on in the third term, before kicking two late goals in that quarter, then three more at the start of the last, to pull away.
The win was not completely without cost, with promising young forward Sean Rusling suffering the latest in a disturbing history of shoulder injuries, when he received a heavy knock shortly before half-time...
http://news.realfooty.com.au/young-malthouse-magpies-do-job-on-crows/20080322-2107.html

Apparently its not just the hacks at the advertiser who have no idea and no editor, from the realfooty website this morning:

Young Malthouse Magpies do job on Crows

March 22, 2008 - 7:18PM

Collingwood coach Mick Malthouse said he was encouraged by the way his young side were able to hold their nerve and run away from a more experienced Fremantle outfit at the MCG.
The Magpies won 16.15 (111) to 13.7 (85), having trailed by eight points entering time-on in the third term, before kicking two late goals in that quarter, then three more at the start of the last, to pull away.
The win was not completely without cost, with promising young forward Sean Rusling suffering the latest in a disturbing history of shoulder injuries, when he received a heavy knock shortly before half-time...
http://news.realfooty.com.au/young-malthouse-magpies-do-job-on-crows/20080322-2107.html

Ha that's woeful. Just on Malthouse, as much as I think he is a to**er is he the best coach in the competition. It is amazing what he can get out what is basically a list with minimal/or underage talent. If you compare the sides he took to the GF in 2002 and 2003 to the Brisbane (and even Port ) teams at that time, he did an incredible job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor editing by the Sunday Mail this morning, Rod Jameson spelt Griffin, 'Griffen' a couple of times throughout his article.

Andrew McKay now plays for us.

andymackaybr0.jpg

Geez, wouldn't Andrew be getting a little old for AFL, but hey was a gun player for Carlton so why can't he be a gun player for us, he was South Australian anyway wasn't he? So finally settled in back home which is good to hear.:rolleyes:

I love the Advertiser.

It's like the main editor just went out on the streets and handpicked his entire staff on a 15 minute tea break.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back