The Advertiser - What a Newspaper

Remove this Banner Ad

Rooch - he truly is a clown.

A few mates & myself used to have a comp at my old work, we'd see how many times Rooch would stuff up in a week. Got too hard keeping track, so we scaled it back to daily...:)

EDIT: By the way, if he was indeed on 608 touches in 16 games he would be averaging 38 per game (not bad considering he only had one touch against Collingwood before getting injured) and would be well on track to beat Robert Harvey's record of 756 in a season (records only since 1986).

I'm surprise Rooch didn't talk up Goody's chances of a Brownlow after his 232 games and 4698 touches this year.

Had a bit of a laugh when I came across the athlete's survey about drugs for the Olympic games and there was a picture of Jana Rawlinson.

Rooch - he truly is a clown.

A few mates & myself used to have a comp at my old work, we'd see how many times Rooch would stuff up in a week. Got too hard keeping track, so we scaled it back to daily...:)

Too true. He makes a remarkable number of errors in fact.

I've seen him make countless errors with statistics over the years. Today's article though was the best one yet because he comments on his own an error.

Despite his constant errors still being a problem, I don't think Rucci has been too bad in terms of his usual bias against the crows.

I was particularly impressed when, in his stupid roast column last week, he took issue with Mark Williams' comment after the showdown thanking Port supporters for turning up, and asking where the crows fans were.

I don't think he would have done that in seasons past...

And, as inaccurate as that Porplyzia article was, overall it was nice to see him write such a piece about one of our guys, who genuinely does deserve an AA spot. He did a similar piece about the ridiculously underrated outside of SA Ben Rutten last year, questioning his non-inclusion in the 40 man AA squad, despite the fact that he was matching or beating Darren Glass in pretty much every statistical category, and wasn't far off Scarlett's pace, despite playing in a worse side.

Hell, he's even praised Craigy's press conferences on a couple of occasions!

Edit: DANDY_GO IS RUCCI!!!1
Edit 2:
ruuuuu11kq.gif

Despite his constant errors still being a problem, I don't think Rucci has been too bad in terms of his usual bias against the crows.

I was particularly impressed when, in his stupid roast column last week, he took issue with Mark Williams' comment after the showdown thanking Port supporters for turning up, and asking where the crows fans were.

I don't think he would have done that in seasons past...

And, as inaccurate as that Porplyzia article was, overall it was nice to see him write such a piece about one of our guys, who genuinely does deserve an AA spot. He did a similar piece about the ridiculously underrated outside of SA Ben Rutten last year, questioning his non-inclusion in the 40 man AA squad, despite the fact that he was matching or beating Darren Glass in pretty much every statistical category, and wasn't far off Scarlett's pace, despite playing in a worse side.

Hell, he's even praised Craigy's press conferences on a couple of occasions!

Edit: DANDY_GO IS RUCCI!!!1
Edit 2:
ruuuuu11kq.gif

Haha, do agree and that vid is amazing, surely you've got better things to do with your time however.

Whilst I know this is a moving stat again today he said Sydney were the only top eight team we have beaten.

We have also beaten the Kangaroos who are now 5th and were in the eight when we beat them also.

Whilst I know this is a moving stat again today he said Sydney were the only top eight team we have beaten.

We have also beaten the Kangaroos who are now 5th and were in the eight when we beat them also.

The ironic (and ultimately useless) thing about this stat is that if we win our next 2 games, there's every chance that we stay in the 8, only having beaten 2 other teams in the 8. If we lose our next 2, we slip to 10th or something, and maybe we've then beaten 3 or even 4 teams in the 8, depending on where Carlton and Richmond move to.

The ironic (and ultimately useless) thing about this stat is that if we win our next 2 games, there's every chance that we stay in the 8, only having beaten 2 other teams in the 8. If we lose our next 2, we slip to 10th or something, and maybe we've then beaten 3 or even 4 teams in the 8, depending on where Carlton and Richmond move to.

But we have also only lost to a couple of teams outside the 8. So I guess that puts about 8th...funny that.

Was that the one from a couple of weeks ago when they also claimed that whilst Griffin was the same age as Maric and Meesen (22?) he was drafted 2 years earlier in 2002, making him the ripe old age of 16? It wasn't even a typo as they claimed that he was also the 1st drafted of the 3, when in fact he was the 3rd drafted!

For the record, Griffin was rookie listed by us in 2004, same year as we picked up Meesen and Maric.
Well atleast they have corrected it this time!

The last real "smokey" player Adelaide trialled was ruckman Jonathon Griffin, who was secured with pick five in the 2002 pre-season draft. The 22-year-old has since become a ruck regular. Henderson is the only player the Crows - who don't have a pre-season draft pick - have invited to train with them before next week's drafts.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/sport/afl/story/0,26547,24772384-5014664,00.html

(Log in to remove this ad.)

UPDATED: THE Rann Government has dropped the Marjorie Jackson-Nelson name from its new hospital, blaming "personal" attacks on the former Governor for the decision.

But Opposition health spokewoman Vickie Chapman has lashed out at the Government and said it should apologise to the fiormer governor for "dragging her" into the controversdial hospital plan in the first place.

they even invent new words at the advertiser haha.

I never buy the advertiser - if i read it its the net

I dont think I could hate someone as much as I hate Val right now - gutter journalism at its worse. He makes Rooch look saintly!

Been told by people who do stil read the advertiser that he wasnt in there today...could they finally see sence

I never buy the advertiser - if i read it its the net

I'm not sure that's really an option either. What on earth is with that annoying as **** yellow ant thing they keep photoshopping into their pictures? You're meant to be a newspaper, not a gossip site\dumping ground for six month old internet memes. Start acting like it.

I'm not sure that's really an option either. What on earth is with that annoying as **** yellow ant thing they keep photoshopping into their pictures? You're meant to be a newspaper, not a gossip site\dumping ground for six month old internet memes. Start acting like it.

They set their standards low at the Tiser, hell Rucci still has a job there after years of amature journalism.

Another basic error from Jesper in the Sunday Mail.

Crows won by 67 points on Saturday. In his big opening paragraph, the Crows apparently won by 66 points. It seems picky, yeah, but does anyone actually edit these reports?

Not sure if this was amended in later editions or not but this is the country edition today....

tiser.jpg

Bit hard to read the date but you can see it says February.

Good to see the Avertiser running this video on the Adelaide Now website. I'm sure in a couple of weeks they will do an article about teenagers in highschools around the state uploading fight videos on Youtube.

Good to see the Avertiser running this video on the Adelaide Now website. I'm sure in a couple of weeks they will do an article about teenagers in highschools around the state uploading fight videos on Youtube.

It is different as they are a recognised source of news (cough cough) and they aired it in a responsible manner. Kids uploading to Youtube are irresponsible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back