The afl app is even worse than it normally is this year.

Truckosaurus

Oct 19, 2009
AFL to remove his accreditation by Monday

latest

smelly cat

Dec 6, 2005
Couldn't believe yesterday arvo - two games on and neither of them was front and center on the opening page. Had to find the stkilda game by going through some random "select round option "

Steven Gerrard

May 27, 2012
Liverpool, Melbourn Victory, 49ers
Yea pp is terible. LAst night I was at a birthday party, wanted to check scores and they had last year's grand final score showing.

salo

Jun 14, 2008
glad i found this vent thread. this app is doing my brain in.

the worst of it is that games can no longer be played via the telly by either apple tv or hdmi cable.
so you are resigned to watching the entire game on an iphone screen or framed in 1/4 of an ipad screen, surrounded by a bunch of stats i don't give a stuff about while i'm trying to actually watch the footy. it's like the final insult that you can't maximise the screen size at this point...

i'm not one to get all indignant about much, but i think the product itself is a real slap in the face to fans who $ign up for it.
how does an already ordinary (but functional) product go backwards so badly?

sprockets

Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Finally worked ok today for the first time ever. Pity I had to turn it off before the game had finished and will now cancel it.

PumpyChowdown

Mar 23, 2007
Gold Coast
SUNS Maple Leafs Titans Liverpool
Video appears to be cactus full stop at the moment.
Nah, streaming fine over 4G network. But if I switch to wifi I just get the spinning circle then an Android message saying "my wifi seems to be struggling". Exit the AFL app, and it casts perfectly to the TV. Go back in, and "Wifi Struggling". Pack of money hungry SOB's.

VictorianCrow85

Jul 22, 2016
Nah, streaming fine over 4G network. But if I switch to wifi I just get the spinning circle then an Android message saying "my wifi seems to be struggling". Exit the AFL app, and it casts perfectly to the TV. Go back in, and "Wifi Struggling". Pack of money hungry SOB's.
Same with me, it's been annoying as hell.

Coaster2012

Jul 10, 2012
Manchester City, Lakers
Dream Team app kills me. It's the slowest loading app i've ever had. I literally get it loading and go look at something else, then it will spontaneously pop up and ready to go. I can NEVER get live DT scores, I usually have to press out to the head to head section to get running points. Just beyond poorly made it's a joke.

Lord_Travis

May 10, 2006
I've got my iPhone set to auto update apps. It appears the update for the AFL app last week killed the ability to screen share to an Apple TV. Previously I would turn on AirPlay mirroring and cast the live streams to my Apple TV. On the weekend after the latest update, when I went to view the live match it would pop up with an error stating "external display not allowed" or something along those lines.

Does anyone have a work around for this? I paid for the annual subscription as I can't afford Foxtel, so I don't have another way to watch the matches live :mad:

Sockeye

Aug 13, 2014
I've got my iPhone set to auto update apps. It appears the update for the AFL app last week killed the ability to screen share to an Apple TV. Previously I would turn on AirPlay mirroring and cast the live streams to my Apple TV. On the weekend after the latest update, when I went to view the live match it would pop up with an error stating "external display not allowed" or something along those lines.

Does anyone have a work around for this? I paid for the annual subscription as I can't afford Foxtel, so I don't have another way to watch the matches live :mad:

Any resolution for this?

Lord_Travis

May 10, 2006
Nup no resolution. Posted on two different footy forums and got no solutions suggested unfortunately. It's worked fine for me for the past 3-4 years, but looks like the update killed it. We're s**t out of luck unless anyone else has any suggestions :(

Maddogmetro

Apr 19, 2016
Washington Wizards
New feature added! Now the app pauses my music every time I open it to read the news. I thought maybe a video was stuck or something, but I've rebooted my phone and it still happens.

Just me, or happens for everyone? (On iPhone)

Yep...very frustrating. Can understand if a video is playing, but simply opening the app kills the music!

The Dr

Jun 20, 2007
New feature added! Now the app pauses my music every time I open it to read the news. I thought maybe a video was stuck or something, but I've rebooted my phone and it still happens.

Just me, or happens for everyone? (On iPhone)

I get that too. So frustrating.

ize_

Jun 15, 2007
If you're listening via bluetooth or your phone speakers it's actually impossible to get around too. Music playing, open AFL app, music cuts out. Re-open music app, press play, re-open AFL app, music cuts out. Seriously! What is the purpose of that?

maskmcgee

Feb 25, 2017
The Windy Apple
Nup no resolution. Posted on two different footy forums and got no solutions suggested unfortunately. It's worked fine for me for the past 3-4 years, but looks like the update killed it. We're s**t out of luck unless anyone else has any suggestions :(

Can you use the Google Home app to stream the entire phone to a Chromecast like I do on android?