News The AFL Investigation into the Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawks story was different, as it originated from stolen medical records which like it or not is illegal
And the AFL don't issue injunctions, federal courts do
The thing about the injunction is that I understand why it was given as it was private medical records that were stolen so fair enough neither the individual players or their club could be named

But given that it was common knowledge, especially in the media, there was never any spotlight put on Hawthorn or attempt to investigate what their players were up to through other avenues

It basically gave them a free pass from any type of scrutiny whatsoever

I still spin out on the difference between the reaction to west coast individual players taking drugs without club sanction and essendon knowingly injecting their players with drugs.

If we had done what essendon did i doubt there would be a wce.

The afl would have rolled us up - waited a few years and started again with maybe west perth and ep together or something.

They would have had no choice but to "set an example"

If west coast had done what Essendon had done we wouldn't have had license revoked

Hird should be banned for life and Doc Reid also and anyone else involved

I liked this from Titus O'Reilly in his preview of round 2 :

The Eagles were good against North and got the season off to a great start with an away win. If West Coast starts winning on the road, look for the Victorian media to heat up the ‘Eagles took drugs over a decade ago’ story a few more times.

Not since the Chicken Kiev at my local RSL has something been reheated and served up so often.

- See more at: https://titusoreily.com/afl/highly-unhelpful-guide-round-two#sthash.ySrKozid.dpuf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back