Ray Donovan

Staring into the abyss
Oct 11, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
2. Dom Sheed is penalised for a head high tackle on selwood. then proceeds to sling him to the ground, where his head is driven into the ground.
there was no report, fine or 50 m penalty

really in what world was this not a dangerous act, and the head not protected. in what world is this acceptable.

Poor umpiring on the night even though the review won't show it.

Just from a game context if the menegola return throw is 50m the dom sheed tackle is 50m and a set shot on goal.

It's all good though bews ended up with a snap all by himself kicked the goal.

I went back and looked pretty hard at the selwood sheed incident around 16 minute mark of the 4th quarter

Yes I think it should of been 50m I have seen 100m paid in a Richmond game for simply blocking someones run.

Do I think it's reportable no, or more directly do I think it's a 1 week no suspension no I'm happy for that to be looked at and fined yes.

Selwood is a veteran a crafty veteran he got sheed to do exactly what he wanted he stopped and let the tackle happen he is well and truly strong enough to hold his centre of gravity if he wanted to.

He did what great players do played the game situation and he should of drawn the 50m penalty for sheeds sloppyness and frustration the right play went un-rewarded

Sheed simply got lucky he landed on his back with not a lot of force.

Geelong are down a couple of points 5 mins in the fourth 80m out from goal.

Two weeks in a row we've had someone dive into one of our players legs and not be penalised, yet when Danger did it - mind you he already had the ball and the Collingwood player ran into him, he was penalised. Umpires don't always get it right but just be consistant * ya.

Thought the umpiring was crappy all round. We got some decisions in our favour - Sav 'mark'; Hawkins touched mark, but WCE got a lot more.

In that string of 13 consecutive frees WCE got, most were there, but there was some very questionable ones. I was mainly irate about two obvious frees to us (high on Selwood and Atkins (?) getting his legs taken out) that weren't paid during that WCE sequence.

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
On the matter of umpiring...
and I may be way outside the envelope here, but I hear all to gasps about the number of frees in the GWS-Lions game and wonder if they might of enhanced the speed of the game. There weren't very many rugby scrums were there. First one I noticed was in 2Q(?) when Mumford got his free I50 and dished off rather than kick himself. Now the two teams style contributed for sure, but players seemed more spread out for longer. Some of the them were ridiculous, but if they called more HTB or ID, there might be the same effect; fewer ball ups.
Would be very interesting if they trialed it in a game between two stoppage loving teams.

Does this qualify me as a nuff nuff :D

Thought the umpiring was crappy all round. We got some decisions in our favour - Sav 'mark'; Hawkins touched mark, but WCE got a lot more.

In that string of 13 consecutive frees WCE got, most were there, but there was some very questionable ones. I was mainly irate about two obvious frees to us (high on Selwood and Atkins (?) getting his legs taken out) that weren't paid during that WCE sequence.
The Tom Hickey 50m penalty was icing on the cake. 50m penalty because this big dopey campaigner can't catch a ball.

The Tom Hickey 50m penalty was icing on the cake. 50m penalty because this big dopey campaigner can't catch a ball.
Correct.. but then Selwood gets hard high and whistled for free and then gets head slung into the ground and no 50.

Go Catters

Back