The AFL wants 22 teams. Name your next four.

Remove this Banner Ad

madmug

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Or without a team in the national capital ;)
Despite my 'calls' for WA3 & Tas1, i've long thought the VFL, let alone the AFL, should have developed an ACT team.

I remember watching a state game, Tas v ACTAFL thought then that they has a lot of good players. I was disappointed when the NRL moved in first.

Canberra Pear

Senior List
Nov 26, 2016
Canberra, ACT
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Despite my 'calls' for WA3 & Tas1, i've long thought the VFL, let alone the AFL, should have developed an ACT team.

I remember watching a state game, Tas v ACTAFL thought then that they has a lot of good players. I was disappointed when the NRL moved in first.
Thanks for your support!

According to some stats in Code Wars released this year, the ACT appears to still lean (ever so slightly) towards AFL, so we're not lost yet!

WA3's not a bad option. The size of Perth and their AFL support makes sense as a safe option, but it wouldn't increase the AFL footprint in the same manner.

Looking forward to watching Tassie and Canberra at Manuka some day in the not-too-distant future!

Perry Pie

All Australian
Sep 19, 2009
Liverpool
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Besiktas J.K.
Tassie & ACT... just wait & see how things play out.
If a couple of Vic based teams merge, or one finds a need to relocate, then WA3 should follow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad