The AFL wants 22 teams. Name your next four.

Remove this Banner Ad

Agent93

NinetyThree
Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
America has teams where it makes financial sense, they don't hand out teams just so more states can have a team.. get a grip ffs.
The Arizona Coyotes exist because the NHL wants to push their product on the south western US states. The franchise continually runs at a loss, was owned by the league at one point (this is unusual), and at the present time the local council has elected to not renew the arena lease for next season.

Pippen94

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
The Arizona Coyotes exist because the NHL wants to push their product on the south western US states. The franchise continually runs at a loss, was owned by the league at one point (this is unusual), and at the present time the local council has elected to not renew the arena lease for next season.

Sounds like a certain team which half plays in Canberra

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Arizona has a population of nearly 8 million, what’s Tasmania’s population again?

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Glendale has a population of 200,000.

Are you trying to argue that Arizona and Tasmania are similar economic expansion zones?

Doesn’t one have like 14 times the population of the other?

Pippen94

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Are you trying to argue that Arizona and Tasmania are similar economic expansion zones?

Doesn’t one have like 14 times the population of the other?

Population of USA is far greater than Australia. Relative population of both Arizona & Tasmania actually make up 2% of their respective country.

I don't even think the other poster was even arguing this, but how ill informed you are never fails to amuse

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Population of USA is far greater than Australia. Relative population of both Arizona & Tasmania actually make up 2% of their respective country.

I don't even think the other poster was even arguing this, but how ill informed you are never fails to amuse

And now explain why the fu** relative population matters when a state has 8 million people to sustain a team :think:

Pippen94

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
And now explain why the fu** relative population matters when a state has 8 million people to sustain a team :think:

..because if each team had a catchment of 7 million (which is population of Arizona) an Australian league would only have 4 teams.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
..because if each team had a catchment of 7 million (which is population of Arizona) an Australian league would only have 4 teams.

And where the fu** did I say a team must have 7 million people to have a team?

Are you all there? What are you arguing against exactly?

Pippen94

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
And where the fu** did I say a team must have 7 million people to have a team?

Are you all there? What are you arguing against exactly?

That you don't know f'n anything. Pretty sound argument actually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
That you don't know f'n anything. Pretty sound argument actually.

I said it’s ridiculous to compare Arizona to Tasmania then you started saying some dumb sh*t about teams needing 7 million people? Do you have any idea what you’re saying or do you just say it?

Pippen94

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I said it’s ridiculous to compare Arizona to Tasmania then you started saying some dumb sh*t about teams needing 7 million people? Do you have any idea what you’re saying or do you just say it?

You can always use ur brain. Australia's population is 26 million. A catchment of 7 million is a big chunk of that. For example if all teams had a catchment that size, which isn't uncommon for american leagues, then in Australia we'd have 4 teams. American leagues have over 30 clubs.

..& that's why it's dumb to compare American teams & their catchments to ours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad