The AFL wants 22 teams. Name your next four.

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't seen any proposal that would even come close to getting half that.
That's because there is none.

WA3 would struggle to get 20k a week for the first decade. Within 20 years they might crack 40k to some games, maybe even average that.

But why bother when Canberra can get 20k+ week in, week out from day one, and be a sustainable club from the high demand for tickets they'd get being the only team in a town that can afford the ticket prices.

1. Tasmania (Van Diemen's Devils)
2. Perth 3 (Perth Dolphins)
3. Canberra-Riverena (Rams)
4. Northern (Townsville-Cairns-Darwin-Alice Springs) (Crocodiles)

More likely to get government support there than anywhere else in Aus.

I doubt a third team in NSW, Qld, SA or WA will ever be successful or able to stand on its own two feet

But you think AUCKLAND will?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a 3rd team in WA or SA will be 5 times more successful than a NT team...
Lol Port were struggling financially a few years back. The population is stagnant in SA and Perth we are still waiting for the arrival of the Dockers 25 years on. Where are the fans coming from in either city?

Lol Port were struggling financially a few years back. The population is stagnant in SA and Perth we are still waiting for the arrival of the Dockers 25 years on. Where are the fans coming from in either city?

How much do you think a NT team would struggle financially if Port Adelaide did? Think about it for a moment.

How much do you think a NT team would struggle financially if Port Adelaide did? Think about it for a moment.
There is zero demand for a third South Australian side.

Why have a team in a market that is already served by by two teams that has zero growth potential?

At least a NT team stands a chance of getting government support that a third Adelaide team won’t get.

There is zero demand for a third South Australian side.

Why have a team in a market that is already served by by two teams that has zero growth potential?

At least a NT team stands a chance of getting government support that a third Adelaide team won’t get.

I'm not saying I want a 3rd SA team... just it would be a far better option than a NT team.

Can you imagine trying to get elite players to live in NT? lmao. The place is a literal s**t hole

It’s wrong to assume that the Dockers need to be winning flags to be considered an established club. There’s an argument to be made that they’re the 3rd biggest non-Vic club in the league after West Coast and Adelaide.

I'm not saying I want a 3rd SA team... just it would be a far better option than a NT team.

Can you imagine trying to get elite players to live in NT? lmao. The place is a literal s**t hole
Different people like different things. Heaps of blokes travel up to play in the summer league and love it.

Also with brands wanting to seem socially responsible these days there is more appeal in sponsoring an NT side because of the potential social benefit it has in the community

Remove this Banner Ad

Back