dus

Premiership Player
May 14, 2002
Poker Table
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Popping my thread starting cherry here, for good reason though.

As disappointing the loss to Freo was last night, the kids clinic this morning was sensational.

Taylor Garner, Jy Simpkin and Sammy Wright were in attendance. Each ran a drill with the different aged kids there. Would of been over 100 kids there easily.

Managed to have a quick chat to Jy, and promptly handed him my 9 month old daughter so I could get a photo of them. He looked a bit nervous as I lumped my kid on him so I asked, "ever held a baby before mate"??? Um, no not really, he replied. We both laughed, he held the baby and we had a quick chat. Much taller than I expected, and a bloody sensational young kid.

My other daughter was in the group Garner was running, and my middle daughter was with Sammy Wright in the Auskick group.

Yes, I have 3 daughters. FML. Haha.

Anyway after I few more photos, one of the other kids telling Taylor we handball to much and a quick chat with Sammy, we headed to to the club rooms for a snagga and the raffle.

Signed guernsey from the class of 17. The winner, red ticket, A, 18.

* me drunk I've just won the raffle. Many thanks to everyone involved. Especially the players and the people that put the morning on. I'm still smiling. Well done to the brethren for turning up.

Last edited:
Popping my thread starting cherry here, for good reason though.

As disappointing the loss to Freo was last night, the kids clinic this morning was sensational.

Taylor Garner, Jy Simpkin and Sammy Wright were in attendance. Each ran a drill with the different aged kids there. Would of been over 100 kids there easily.

Managed to have a quick chat to Jy, and promptly handed him my 9 month old daughter so I could get a photo of them. He looked a bit nervous as I lumped my kid on him so I asked, "ever held a baby before mate"??? Um, no not really, he replied. We both laughed, he held the baby and we had a quick chat. Much taller than I expected, and a bloody sensational young kid.

My other daughter was in the group Garner was running, and my middle daughter was with Sammy Wright in the Auskick group.

Yes, I have 3 daughters. FML. Haha.

Anyway after I few more photos, one of the other kids telling Taylor we handball to much and a quick chat with Sammy, we headed to to the club rooms for a snagga and the raffle.

Signed guernsey from the class of 17. The winner, red ticket, A, 18.

**** me drunk I've just won the raffle. Many thanks to everyone involved. Especially the players and the people that put the morning on. I'm still smiling. Well done to the brethren to turning up.
Did you ask Taylor if he would take you and the girls for a spin in his new car?

No but I did say nice mark!!! He winked. My heart melted.

Great to hear that it all went so well over here this morning, dus.

I thought about getting one of my 3 to pop the boots on for the Clinic but it would have been a real stretch. My son only played a year of AFL, which was enough to convince him his winter sport is hockey. And my girls have only ever been netballers.

Anyway they would have struggled to get themselves up for more football this morning after seeing Nightmare at Subiaco Oval unfold in living colour last night. I certainly can't fault the 3 of them for their loyalty when they have very, very few friends who support a non-WA team.

All credit to the club and those boys for putting on such a good event.

Great to hear that it all went so well over here this morning, dus.

I thought about getting one of my 3 to pop the boots on for the Clinic but it would have been a real stretch. My son only played a year of AFL, which was enough to convince him his winter sport is hockey. And my girls have only ever been netballers.

Anyway they would have struggled to get themselves up for more football this morning after seeing Nightmare at Subiaco Oval unfold in living colour last night. I certainly can't fault the 3 of them for their loyalty when they have very, very few friends who support a non-WA team.

All credit to the club and those boys for putting on such a good event.

As a hockey player myself, and after spending many a Saturday morning down at Gibson Park, I completely understand mate.

The main thing was, after winning absolutely nothing in my life, I took out the raffle.

Here it is.

IMG_1085.JPG

As a hockey player myself, and after spending many a Saturday morning down at Gibson Park, I completely understand mate.

The main thing was, after winning absolutely nothing in my life, I took out the raffle.

Here it is.

View attachment 361584

s**t, nice guernsey.

Yeah, Gibson Park ... aka Arctic Park - with those nice fresh breezes nipping in from the Port. Just as well they always put on a good cake stall .

Which hockey club do/did you play for?

s**t, nice guernsey.

Yeah, Gibson Park ... aka Arctic Park - with those nice fresh breezes nipping in from the Port. Just as well they always put on a good cake stall .

Which hockey club do/did you play for?
Yeah Gibson Park gets freezing. Whilst everyone rolls into Royal Freo golf club, I'm there on the timer. For the Vic crew, Waverley is like Hawaii compared to this joint.

Played for Melville mate, even before they put the turf in. I'm old school. Retired now, too many sausage sizzles.

Yeah Gibson Park gets freezing. Whilst everyone rolls into Royal Freo golf club, I'm there on the timer. For the Vic crew, Waverley is like Hawaii compared to this joint.

Played for Melville mate, even before they put the turf in. I'm old school. Retired now, too many sausage sizzles.

s**t it's a small world. That's my club.

I'll drop you a PM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back