The Alan Richardson files

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys try not think of what you missed out on? Mate, we have got Matthew Knights coaching us!!! We actually knocked Dimma back for the job, apparently because his powerpoint presentation didnt work or some BS like that. A club stalwart, premiership player, Assistant Coach who has known nothing but success. For Matthew Knights. Do I need to say anything more?

The story that I heard that swayed the board was that Knights said the bombers could play finals the next year, but Dimma said he thought it would take 3 years. The board apparently didn't like that blunt assessment.

It will be a great irony if an Esssendon premiership back pocket player becomes the long term coach of Richmond and restores them to premiership glory. A payback for Essendon taking a Richmond premiership back pocket player who returned Essendon to the glory days.

He was definitely a good player. Was in the Ross Smith mould, tough as nails back flanker cum part time midfielder.

And yeah....that bump. Technically just about the best hip and shoulder youll ever see. Was out before he hit the ground.

Which young Collingwood and Essendon players are we supposed to be frothing over that Richardson has done good things with?

Which young Collingwood and Essendon players are we supposed to be frothing over that Richardson has done good things with?

There you go again wanting to measure things and have proof of claims.

It'll never catch on :p

Bump from August 2010 when Richo was going for the coaching job

The only thing I know about Allan Richardson is that Michael Voss cleaned him up at the Gabba in 1996 with one of the best bumps I've ever seen. Voss wasn't reported and won the Brownlow (tied with Hird). He would get 8 to 10 weeks these days with that hit.

As a side note Wally Lewis was the sports reader for Ch 7 Brisbane in 1996. I was living it Qld and watching the game on TV. He did a few Bears games that year and that game he was sitting next to Dipper on the side lines. You can see him in the video - watch his face. He said it was the biggest hit he can remember seeing. It was the height of the superleague war and he gave the Bears and Aussie rules a big tick that night.

Watch the hit at 4-20 to 4-25 in the video below. Watch Dipper's and Wally's reaction to the hit.

Must be a tough hombre, backed up with 17 touches the following week.

I think that tough hard edge he showed to play the following week is coming out at the club. i wonder if that bump has been shown to the players and told he was good enough to play the next week.

Voss would get 20 weeks for that bump these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back