News The all new Travis Boak is staying thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Travis Boak has told Port to draw up the contract, he is staying.

Travis Boak committed to Port Adelaide

TRAVIS Boak has reaffirmed his commitment to Port Adelaide, prompting the club to resume contract negotiations with his manager.

Seemingly headed out of the Alberton exit door after coach Matthew Primus was sacked three weeks ago, midfield ace Boak has told the Power he wants to stay and will not wait for the club to announce a new coach before putting pen to paper on a new deal.

"He's not waiting for the coaching thing to be decided," Port football operations manager Peter Rohde said.

Travis Boak committed to Port Adelaide

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
Fragile bastion of liberalism
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens
With the club where its at right now, he probably feels that leaving Port would be like killling unwanted puppies.

I would kinda prefer to hear this from Boak though, given we're one week from the end of the season. Thats only one more week of bullshit needed before he can leave Port forever, if he's being a bit cunning.

So have we kept a list of what the BS media have got wrong since the Butcher going home, Carlile to the GWS, Jacko going home stories last year?? Then there are all the other non player ones. I know it belongs in the media thread but want to highlight they got the Boak one wrong. The ratio must be about 7-2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
Very odd timing for the announcement. You'd have thought before our last home game would be a good time, bums on seats and all. Trying to make sure the licence isn't overvalued?

Great news. Now let's have a recruiting/trade period like last year.

Apr 16, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
"He's not waiting for the coaching thing to be decided," Port football operations manager Peter Rohde said.
"Obviously he is close to Matty, there's no denying that, and he wanted to know about our coaching process and our resources for next year but we have spoken to him about that and got his feedback.
"We've filled him in with the coaching and some other things that we've got planned moving forward and he's happy with where it is all at and has indicated he still wants to stay here.
"So we're working through his contract again with his manager (Tom Petroro), who I've been speaking with every second day.
"We haven't exactly nailed down the contract yet but we're sure we'll have it done shortly. We're as confident as we can be (that Boak will stay at Alberton) without having his signature."

so rohde has said:

- boak was close to primus
- boak has questioned the club about the future, re: coaching and resources
- the club has acquiesced and informed him about the coaching situation
- boak has "indicated he still wants to stay"
- rohde has been in contact with his manger every second day
- a contract for boak has not been finalised
- we're as confident as we can be! (but he hasn't signed)

what rohde should have said:

-

Apr 16, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
i don't necessarily have a problem with that course of events, but i can't think of a single thing to be gained by rohde talking about it to the media.

he sounds like a desperate man. i hope that's reflective of his position, not the club's.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What are you batting at TSW? 9-0 with contract renewals in 2011 and 2012?

To be fair it isn't really that hard.

Port player out of contract, media says he is gone = staying.

Crows players out of contract, media says he is "committed" = going :)

kaysee

Rising From The Ashes
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Jul 30, 2001
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back