Racing The All Star Mile

Remove this Banner Ad

Lot of people waking up with campaigning and inducements.

Agree there is a few too many battlers in the top 10 at the minute, which makes it a bit of a joke. I hope the people who voted for them realise what a * up it is if they get drawn and raceday they are on a walker for big $

It's going to make the Everest look like the greatest race of all time when you see the relative ability of horseflesh to prizemoney that is going to turn up in this.

Lot of people waking up with campaigning and inducements.

Agree there is a few too many battlers in the top 10 at the minute, which makes it a bit of a joke. I hope the people who voted for them realise what a **** up it is if they get drawn and raceday they are on a walker for big $
king rising voted for Urban Ruler.... Ban him from the board!!!

I like the concept of a 'punters vote' race, but think the rules could have been more higher, ie listed win req.
But on the other side, as one of those plebs who have half of a half of a 800th share, all I can say is go Urban! Bring home that 90k prize money!
I wont be voting until the last day, when I vote for the best chance with the least votes as FallingLiefs mentioned earlier.. unless UR needs one more vote :p

They knee jerk reacted and f---cked up the entry criteria.

Minimum stakes / Gp win in last 12 months required to nominate, nomination 10K-20K not $500 so only horses with a serious hope are thrown in.

Should be voting from 20-30 noms for the final field. 10 runners max. 6 from public vote and 4 from VRC wild card

I think someone mentioned it earlier but letting everybody pick a top 10 would weed out the Urban Rulers a bit. Triple j hottest 100 is a top 10 and that results in a more universal top 10. Probably end up with it being pretty close to what the top 10 under normal conditions would be but at least garners a bit more interest I suppose.

The biggest betting race in the world the Arima Kinen is determined by a public vote. Not sure of the system they use though.

yep 1 vote really hurts, although it's a massive boost for exposure because 1 vote means a lot so racing victoria are basically asking connections of the horse to do advertising for RV. as much about exposure as it is a horse race it seems.
So true look how many horses have set up Twitter accounts

The biggest betting race in the world the Arima Kinen is determined by a public vote. Not sure of the system they use though.

I feel like that one bloke over there owns like 99.9% of the racing stock so you probably don't run into the same problem of owners stuffing the ballot box

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not really fussed about the Urban Ruler's or Foundry's making the field.

Like The Everest, the race is a novelty and probably should be viewed as such. As long as it never carries Group/Listed status, they can fill it with BM58 horses for all I care. The prizemoney is irrelevant. The spectacle won't be ruined, because there was no spectacle in the first place.

I'm sure Racing Victoria had designs on Winx vs TAS vs Phar Lap or something though - and as a result will tweak the voting next year to weed out the battlers.

Like The Everest, the race is a novelty and probably should be viewed as such. As long as it never carries Group/Listed status, they can fill it with BM58 horses for all I care. The prizemoney is irrelevant. The spectacle won't be ruined, because there was no spectacle in the first place.

I'm sure Racing Victoria had designs on Winx vs TAS vs Phar Lap or something though - and as a result will tweak the voting next year to weed out the battlers.
if the ghost of Phar Lap ran then Winx would have been scratched #protected
But i agree this race was a half thought out race to attract Winx for one more run.

Think youll find the Everest will get group1 status sooner rather than later

Think youll find the Everest will get group1 status sooner rather than later

I think there is a rules around to prevent these type of races from getting G1 status - see Magic Millions - which is absolutely appropriate. What's to stop Godolphin buying every slot to pad the G1 record of their squibs.

I think there is a rules around to prevent these type of races from getting G1 status - see Magic Millions - which is absolutely appropriate. What's to stop Godolphin buying every slot to pad the G1 record of their squibs.
Magic millions is restricted agreed. Everest is semi restricted in a way. Isnt there a limit on one runner per owner/group in the everest?
Racing NSW is pushing pretty hard for it to get the Group 1 status even if V'Landys says the Everest is "above a Group 1"

Magic millions is restricted agreed. Everest is semi restricted in a way. Isnt there a limit on one runner per owner/group in the everest?
Racing NSW is pushing pretty hard for it to get the Group 1 status even if V'Landys says the Everest is "above a Group 1"

And I guess the Golden Rose is G1 - is that still restricted to horses that were initially nominated for the Slipper?

And I guess the Golden Rose is G1 - is that still restricted to horses that were initially nominated for the Slipper?
The argument Racing NSW went with last year about the Everest group 1 was that it was open to anyone (ie it wasn't restricted just had a different nomination process) and had already established a position on the calendar. I think it will get the status as soon as next year.

I

The argument Racing NSW went with last year about the Everest group 1 was that it was open to anyone (ie it wasn't restricted just had a different nomination process) and had already established a position on the calendar. I think it will get the status as soon as next year.

I

it's only open to those who own a slot. You could have the best sprinter in the land but if it's not nominated by a slot holder it's not eligible. So slot holders essentially deciding who is eligible for the Gp 1. No thanks

it's only open to those who own a slot. You could have the best sprinter in the land but if it's not nominated by a slot holder it's not eligible. So slot holders essentially deciding who is eligible for the Gp 1. No thanks

But to get a slot you simply have to pay for it. An expensive acceptance process.

I used to think Everest was a gimmick and wouldn’t last but I think there’s a spot for it on the calendar.

But to get a slot you simply have to pay for it. An expensive acceptance process.

I used to think Everest was a gimmick and wouldn’t last but I think there’s a spot for it on the calendar.

Sort of, but this is where it gets awkward.

If I have a Gp 1 horse for this yr and want a slot I can't have one, because you have to pay for 3 yrs in advance. Not many people know 3 yrs in advance if they are going to have a Gp 1 horse so they are effectively blocked unless a slot holder agrees to pick them up

Sort of, but this is where it gets awkward.

If I have a Gp 1 horse for this yr and want a slot I can't have one, because you have to pay for 3 yrs in advance. Not many people know 3 yrs in advance if they are going to have a Gp 1 horse so they are effectively blocked unless a slot holder agrees to pick them up
Fair point

Wasn’t aware 3 year rule

Remove this Banner Ad

Back