Racing The All Star Mile

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Urban Ruler with a solid 13/14 yesterday in a 70K Doomben handicap beaten home by quality horse flesh like Primal Flight, Peacock, El Campeador and Dream Finnish.

Some hope to be the longest price horse to ever start in a metro race in the ASM, what a farce. Not enough egg to cover the VRC faces atm.
Does the race provide administrators with the discretionary power to remove runners?

From the owners point of view theyll win a guaranteed $100k i think it is for finishing and if luck goes its way it may sneak a top 10 spot for more $$$$

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Does the race provide administrators with the discretionary power to remove runners?

From the owners point of view theyll win a guaranteed $100k i think it is for finishing and if luck goes its way it may sneak a top 10 spot for more $$$$

Top 10 most votes = in. No additional criteria. At the moment the horse who ran last in the Hotham can get a start with enough votes

Maybe they need to change the name of the race.

If it lives on beyond this yr they'll bring in a min quality requirement to nominate.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Top 10 most votes = in. No additional criteria. At the moment the horse who ran last in the Hotham can get a start with enough votes

Maybe they need to change the name of the race.

If it lives on beyond this yr they'll bring in a min quality requirement to nominate.

they already do, isn't it min OHR of around 70.

regardless, they will tweak in coming years.

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
they already do, isn't it min OHR of around 70.

regardless, they will tweak in coming years.

Cheers, didn't realise that. Why would they set it so low? Surely listed / Gp winner last 12 mths is logical

Edit: BM70 in line with existing Gp 1 conditions. Difference is how horses are selected for the race which makes the condition stupid

Last edited:
Cheers, didn't realise that. Why would they set it so low? Surely listed / Gp winner last 12 mths is logical

Edit: BM70 in line with existing Gp 1 conditions. Difference is how horses are selected for the race which makes the condition stupid

I think they wanted to give the battlers a chance but probably didn't expect the voting to pan out as it did

Top 10 a week out

So LOP, and Extra Brut have been dropped out to be replaced by MM (yay) and Balf's Choice (lel)

Urban Ruler (prev 1) - flogged in Brisbane yesterday
The Autumn Sun (2) - not running
Grunt (6) - last seen beaten out of sight in Turnbull
Moss N Dale (5) - beaten out of sight in Orr
Foundry (9) - last 3 starts over a mile and a half (and that was 15 months ago!)
Man Of His Word (4) - Last win Brisbane Hcp in 2016
Mr Money Bags (3) - under the whip 600m out last time out
Material Man (new) - decent in Orr - the hero we need
Balf's Choice (new) - Struggling to win BM90s in Adelaide
Amphirtire (7) - Last seen beaten 1000 lengths in the Oaks

A true race for the ages!

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have had a good think about this and decided that a race restricted to horses not rated higher than 78 worth a couple of million (at most) and the public vote for it is not that bad an idea. At least the race is competitive and the battlers with large syndicates will get their horses in rather than competing against the good horses and there would be good publicity for racing rather than having these bullshit races worth millions restricted to crap sales. Also have one for sprinters and middle distance horses.
We need a decent WFA mile race in Vic anyway, have a separate one worth a couple of million for the good horses. If a 5 million dollar race cant attract Winx or TAS then prizemoney that large is not worth putting out

come on oliver

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah I voted that way. Bit of a mess . Be interesting to see how many votes are thrown around the last few days

Alizee almost certain to be a wildcard should she not get the votes. My chance at 250k will be live.

You want to vote something that gets directly in the field for a better chance - ANY voter can snare one of the wildcard horses -not just people that voted for that horse.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Big push from the McEvoy camp to get Manuel in, needs about 3000 votes, probably 4000 to be safe.

They reckon John Cleese is going to spearhead the campaign with his 5.4m twitter followers.
you can only vote if you are in Australia so 5.3 million of those probably cant vote

I dont think they will even reach 200000 voters, I reckon most of the hard core horse racing followers have probably voted already

you can only vote if you are in Australia so 5.3 million of those probably cant vote

I dont think they will even reach 200000 voters, I reckon most of the hard core horse racing followers have probably voted already
I’m thinking that I’m probably the only one that hasn’t yet..(and probably won’t). This concept is crap and I don’t to encourage it at all.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m thinking that I’m probably the only one that hasn’t yet..(and probably won’t). This concept is crap and I don’t to encourage it at all.
I havent either but i want 250k so i will wait til the last moment and vote for the Alizee if she gets voted in. otherwise its Amphetrite

Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
This market framed by Daniel O'Sullivan
osullivan-market.jpg

Back