Racing The All Star Mile

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick the unders

$3 Alizee 3 wide trip beating open age 9 Gp1 winners with 20 Gp1 wins.
$4 MJ beats a disgusting crop in 3yo restricted Gp1
$5 HC 2nd to Winx last 2 spacing the rest

Nailed my thoughts :thumbsu:

do not underestimate the filly. Shes a star and absolutely in this race. The fillies this year are very good, The colts besides Hawkshot and TAS are filthy Ringadingding is best of the rest of the colts by far

Yeah nah - will be a reality check for the apple isle as there innocent starlet is curb stomped by the clap

Didn't really like Alizee's last win. She was gutsy, but not brilliant and I think that form is pretty suspect compared to the type of level Happy Clapper returned at. $5 is a great price for the believers, but I just don't think he's quite as good in Melbourne. Below his best might be good enough anyway.

I'm with the filly though. Could easily improve again here, so I won't be hopping off.

Didn't really like Alizee's last win. She was gutsy, but not brilliant and I think that form is pretty suspect compared to the type of level Happy Clapper returned at. $5 is a great price for the believers, but I just don't think he's quite as good in Melbourne. Below his best might be good enough anyway.

I'm with the filly though. Could easily improve again here, so I won't be hopping off.

Clucthy :( you were one man I thought would never get sucked in by 3yo hype.

She could end up being a very attractive place lay too if you think Hartnell can get anywhere near his best. As much as I love the Clap there would be some solid lols from me if the Sheikh ran 1-2 to scoop the bulk of the prizemoney :D

Clearly a few different schools of thought - could probably use a poll featuring top 3 in betting and a "Other (specify)" option.

Clearly a few different schools of thought - could probably use a poll featuring top 3 in betting and a "Other (specify)" option.

Feels like the Hartnell/Alizee/Clapper box tri is something that could look super obvious in hindsight and pay stupid overs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can debate his talent and whether he is up to it all day long with merit IMO. but would be up there with some of the most idiotic preparation planning in recent history given his general profile. undefeated down the straight. to the eye may not get a strong 1200 or even 1100 when challenged.

bypass the lightning for an Oakleigh Plate because hey there's never been pressure in those. then maybe try him down the straight and see if he can control a 1200m hcp? nah. first time the other direction in the oakleigh plate north of the border.

You can debate his talent and whether he is up to it all day long with merit IMO. but would be up there with some of the most idiotic preparation planning in recent history given his general profile. undefeated down the straight. to the eye may not get a strong 1200 or even 1100 when challenged.

bypass the lightning for an Oakleigh Plate because hey there's never been pressure in those. then maybe try him down the straight and see if he can control a 1200m hcp? nah. first time the other direction in the oakleigh plate north of the border.

Then a quick freshen up into the Straddie where he will be gone at about the 600 :thumbsu:

I believe I declared when he went there that Waller has NFI what to do with sprinters.

Then a quick freshen up into the Straddie where he will be gone at about the 600 :thumbsu:

did chuckle.

almost a certainty. slight injury or setback and will be shipped off to a bottomless track for another excuse and won't be up in time for spring. Sensible option would be adelaide where he bolted in v Sunlight, but nah Waller don't go there.

Whats your horse?
Amphitrite, she ran 3rd in the guineas but had excuses.
1. 2nd up last time she was not great, she is due to peak in the next 2 starts.
2. The fence was like lightning on Saturday
3. she covered 2 lengths more than Mystic Journey
4. Williams reported her action was different, may have a gear change
5. The weather was awful, she was agitated before the race, normally she is asleep

she needs to make up 2 lengths on Mystic Journey which i think is very realistic, but I'm not sure if she can go with Happy Clapper Hartnel and Alizee yet but the rest don't worry me.

Amphitrite, she ran 3rd in the guineas but had excuses.
1. 2nd up last time she was not great, she is due to peak in the next 2 starts.
2. The fence was like lightning on Saturday
3. she covered 2 lengths more than Mystic Journey
4. Williams reported her action was different, may have a gear change
5. The weather was awful, she was agitated before the race, normally she is asleep

she needs to make up 2 lengths on Mystic Journey which i think is very realistic, but I'm not sure if she can go with Happy Clapper Hartnel and Alizee yet but the rest don't worry me.

Mate I backed her on Saturday (and the Oaks - plz refund me!) and she had EVERY POSSIBLE and was comprehensibly beaten by a better horse. She couldn't even run down Hawkshot for second. Give her no chance of turning that form around so dramatically in a fortnight let alone beat the older horses (which as you suggest should be better than you).

Mate I backed her on Saturday (and the Oaks - plz refund me!) and she had EVERY POSSIBLE and was comprehensibly beaten by a better horse. She couldn't even run down Hawkshot for second. Give her no chance of turning that form around so dramatically in a fortnight let alone beat the older horses (which as you suggest should be better than you).
Bet at you own risk, I'm not saying she will turn the tables, but there were a lot of horses suffering from the heat. By race 8 the track was rock hard and her action was different. I though she may have been short of a run as they have done nothing with her. She was used out of the gate early, and covered 2 lengths futher. Then you add that Darmanin hit MJ 13 times before the 100m and in consecutive strides in the 100m and the margin is not that far. The oaks was just too far, and if your wanting a refund on a horse going from 1600m to 2500m you should give up gambling.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back