Travel The all things travel thread

/its a working title.

Just thought considering no one can go anywhere these days, would start a thread about past overseas travels- but in particular post stories or photos of items you may have collected while OS. From mass produced crap to unique and wonderful antiques idk...

But yeah no travel photos- keep them in the photography thread. :thumbsupv1:

The teddy I bought up in Banff with a Maple leaf stamped on one paw is one of my faves. His name is "Canadian Bear".

Catfish Alley

7983_10152956753815291_1458647176_n.jpg

When I was younger but over 18, I thought I'd start collecting shot glasses when I visited somewhere new - not the worse idea when just traveling around Aus and not visiting too many new places at once

After graduating from uni I went to the USA & Canada on a one-way ticket (trip ended up being 8 months) and quickly realised that buying shot glasses as a collection item wasn't really going to be a feasible option - I then decided that keyrings would be a suitable replacement instead...

That was a crazy idea - one keyring doesn't weigh much or take up a lot of room, but about 6 months worth of keyrings ends up being not too massive space wise, but bloody heavy. Would easily have been a few kilos by the time I was coming home

I still collect keyrings on my travels, no idea how many I'm up to other than a s**t load and no idea how to display them or adequately store them - currently just in a series of bags & in a small candy striped bag

When I was younger but over 18, I thought I'd start collecting shot glasses when I visited somewhere new - not the worse idea when just traveling around Aus and not visiting too many new places at once

After graduating from uni I went to the USA & Canada on a one-way ticket (trip ended up being 8 months) and quickly realised that buying shot glasses as a collection item wasn't really going to be a feasible option - I then decided that keyrings would be a suitable replacement instead...

That was a crazy idea - one keyring doesn't weigh much or take up a lot of room, but about 6 months worth of keyrings ends up being not too massive space wise, but bloody heavy. Would easily have been a few kilos by the time I was coming home

I still collect keyrings on my travels, no idea how many I'm up to other than a sh*t load and no idea how to display them or adequately store them - currently just in a series of bags & in a small candy striped bag

The one thing I'll never understand are those blasted spoons.

Who the hell wants spoons?

When I was in Vegas (2007) I bought a t-shirt that said the following and quite happily wore it during my trip & after I returned to Australia - even wore it to Disneyland, and got photos with a few of the characters...

1607223783388.jpeg

Things you once had but either threw away or lost:

- a big puffy cushion thing in the shape of a baseball hat- Detroit Tigers.
- Yankees shirt. No idea where that went
- I :hearts: NYC shirt. Gone
- A little wooden backgammon set i got in Greece. Was just too small to play it on, so I threw it away. Got a full size set in the cupboard anyway.

Back