Remove this Banner Ad

Shell

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
/its a working title.

Just thought considering no one can go anywhere these days, would start a thread about past overseas travels- but in particular post stories or photos of items you may have collected while OS. From mass produced crap to unique and wonderful antiques idk...

But yeah no travel photos- keep them in the photography thread. :thumbsupv1:

Kram

I'll brik u
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I bought this small reflective type picture thing of Hong Kong harbour from our trip there. Was on my wall until I left home 3 years later, very cheap but I liked it as a reminder of the trip. Not sure where it is now probably out in the shed somewhere.

Shell

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I've got a mass produced pic/canvas I bought in Santorini (will post it later)- its hung on the wall of my hallway.

Love it. Didnt cost much either.

Shell

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
My usual "go to" cheap souvenir would have to be magnets or key rings

More so the latter. Got some great key chains from Chicago (a baseball) and London.. etc

cats_09

Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
When I was younger but over 18, I thought I'd start collecting shot glasses when I visited somewhere new - not the worse idea when just traveling around Aus and not visiting too many new places at once

After graduating from uni I went to the USA & Canada on a one-way ticket (trip ended up being 8 months) and quickly realised that buying shot glasses as a collection item wasn't really going to be a feasible option - I then decided that keyrings would be a suitable replacement instead...

That was a crazy idea - one keyring doesn't weigh much or take up a lot of room, but about 6 months worth of keyrings ends up being not too massive space wise, but bloody heavy. Would easily have been a few kilos by the time I was coming home

I still collect keyrings on my travels, no idea how many I'm up to other than a sh*t load and no idea how to display them or adequately store them - currently just in a series of bags & in a small candy striped bag

Shell

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
When I was younger but over 18, I thought I'd start collecting shot glasses when I visited somewhere new - not the worse idea when just traveling around Aus and not visiting too many new places at once

After graduating from uni I went to the USA & Canada on a one-way ticket (trip ended up being 8 months) and quickly realised that buying shot glasses as a collection item wasn't really going to be a feasible option - I then decided that keyrings would be a suitable replacement instead...

That was a crazy idea - one keyring doesn't weigh much or take up a lot of room, but about 6 months worth of keyrings ends up being not too massive space wise, but bloody heavy. Would easily have been a few kilos by the time I was coming home

I still collect keyrings on my travels, no idea how many I'm up to other than a sh*t load and no idea how to display them or adequately store them - currently just in a series of bags & in a small candy striped bag
The one thing I'll never understand are those blasted spoons.

Who the hell wants spoons?

cats_09

Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
When I was in Vegas (2007) I bought a t-shirt that said the following and quite happily wore it during my trip & after I returned to Australia - even wore it to Disneyland, and got photos with a few of the characters...

1607223783388.jpeg

Shell

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Things you once had but either threw away or lost:

- a big puffy cushion thing in the shape of a baseball hat- Detroit Tigers.
- Yankees shirt. No idea where that went
- I :hearts: NYC shirt. Gone
- A little wooden backgammon set i got in Greece. Was just too small to play it on, so I threw it away. Got a full size set in the cupboard anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad