Updated The Bruce Lehrmann Trials * Named as the high profile Toowoomba man & alleged rapist * DEFAMATION TRIAL CURRENT

How long will the jury be out for?

• Back the same afternoon

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • One day

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Two days

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Three to five days

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Over a week

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last edited:

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Author and columnist Peter FitzSimons has asked the Federal Court to order Bruce Lehrmann to pay his costs of producing documents during the former Liberal staffer’s high-stakes defamation case against Network Ten and Lisa Wilkinson.

The application, filed on March 14 and released by the court on Tuesday, will be determined at the same time as Justice Michael Lee deals with the legal costs of the proceedings generally.
This saga becomes more laughable by the day

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Author and columnist Peter FitzSimons has asked the Federal Court to order Bruce Lehrmann to pay his costs of producing documents during the former Liberal staffer’s high-stakes defamation case against Network Ten and Lisa Wilkinson.

The application, filed on March 14 and released by the court on Tuesday, will be determined at the same time as Justice Michael Lee deals with the legal costs of the proceedings generally.

The 20 minute phone call will magically have left him $27,000 out of pocket but the invoice will have disappeared.

Feb 2, 2001
Valhalla
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Magpies
I’ve always said that my ‘ideal’ is Lehrmann getting a peppercorn figure from 10 / Wilkinson for shoddy journalism on the rubbish obstruction of justice claims.

Now my new ‘ideal’ is that exact scenario, only with Bruce paying his $1 ‘winnings’ to Pete FitzSimons for his “document production costs”.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Looks like Bruce and his coke habit would have been better suited to a career in the AFL.

Meanwhile, the inevitable new defamation case (Thai massages) from the claims and counter claims between Lehrmann and Auerbach, has reached first base, with Lehrmann on the defendant side of this.

'Bruce Lehrmann hit with legal threat from ex-Seven producer over masseuse denial

March 28, 2024 — 11.55am

Bruce Lehrmann’s denial about his involvement in a drunken night at the apartment of a former Channel Seven producer with two Thai masseuses has sparked a defamation threat against the former Liberal staffer.

On Wednesday, Taylor Auerbach, 32, a former producer on Seven’s Spotlight program, sent a concerns notice, the first step in defamation proceedings, to Lehrmann, 28.

Auerbach is claiming that he has been defamed by Lehrmann, who issued a press release effectively calling the former producer a liar after stories about the night in question emerged last week.
Lehrmann issued a statement saying that he was in Sydney with the staffer on the night but he denied using the services of the Thai women.

“It’s an untrue and bizarre story from a disgruntled ex-Network Seven producer,” Lehrmann told News Corp. “Network Seven [has] only ever covered reasonable travel for filming and accommodation.”

Auerbach’s solicitor Rebekah Giles said in the concerns notice: “We are instructed these comments are false.

“The press statement is likely to devastate Mr Auerbach’s professional reputation,” Giles said.

She said that Lehrmann’s press statement conveyed a defamatory imputation that “Taylor Auerbach lied to the press about Bruce Lehrmann being bought a massage by a Seven Network employee”.

She also stated that on March 22, 2024, the day after Lehrmann’s public denials, Sky News Australia terminated Auerbach’s employment as an investigations producer.
...'

sad-sorry.gif

Festerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2019
///comet.repair.export
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC Maggies SANFL, ASU Sun Devils
Lehrmann issued a statement saying that he was in Sydney with the staffer on the night but he denied using the services of the Thai women.

Hahahaha.

'They turned right and I turned left and I never saw them again'.

Surely the 2 Thai masseuses realise that they are in for a massive payday if they go to Channel 10 and offer to tell their story of what really happened that night.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Surely the 2 Thai masseuses realise that they are in for a massive payday if they go to Channel 10 and offer to tell their story of what really happened that night.
Maybe an illicit drug component (if any) of the alleged massages, made up 90% of what was paid to the masseuses or who they were working for.

I speculate that there was maybe lots of watching and no touching.
Possibly a male and a female supplied.
Basically a private sex show?

Punt rd end

67🏆69🏆73🏆74🏆80🏆17🏆19🏆20🏆
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL Richmond VFLW AFLW
Maybe an illicit drug component (if any) of the alleged massages, made up 90% of what was paid to the masseuses or who they were working for.

I speculate that there was maybe lots of watching and no touching.
Possibly a male and a female supplied.
Basically a private sex show?
Speaking from experience?

Back