Updated The Bruce Lehrmann Trials * Justice Lee - "Mr Lehrmann raped Ms Higgins."

How long will the jury be out for?

• Back the same afternoon

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • One day

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Two days

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Three to five days

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Over a week

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

LINK TO FEDERAL COURT DEFAMATION PROCEEDINGS

Last edited:
Another alleged victim of Ms Higgins alleged rapist, is being reported in the Australian tonight.

'Higgins rape claim: he harassed me too
March 21, 2021

Kriti Gupta says she has gone public with her story so the man could see she and other alleged victims were ‘not going to hide’.

An ex-housemate of the former Liberal staffer accused of raping his then colleague Brittany Higgins in Parliament House says the man sexually harassed her while they were living together.

Kriti Gupta learned only on March 10 that her former housemate was the alleged rapist and last week gave a statement to the Australian Federal Police, who are investigating Ms Higgins’ case.

Ms Gupta, 24 decided to go public with her story so the man could see she and other alleged victims were “not going to hide”.

“I was at work when I got the text message from my friend saying it was (him),” Ms Gupta said.

“I had a full blown panic attack, but I wasn’t surprised either. He had that type of personality where he didn’t really respect women, he always spoke poorly about women.

“Because he was my friend I always brushed it off — that’s a big part of the Australian culture, these types of microaggressions and jokes we often push aside.

“I just kept thinking about all the times he touched me and made me uncomfortable, all the times he was sexually suggestive in our old Instagram messages.”

Ms Gupta, who works in marketing, lived with the man from October 2019 to February 2020.
Ms Gupta and her former housemate met and became friends through a 2015 Model United Nations conference. At the age of 23, she decided to move from Brisbane to Sydney and contacted him for help.

He was the only person Ms Gupta knew in Sydney and in her field of work — public relations.

“He offered me a place to live. He helped me with references and writing my resume, he gave off a very powerful and knowledgeable (vibe). He came from a high position so I always sought that advice from him,” she said.

“When we were texting (before the move to Sydney) he’d say ‘I’ll take you out for a nice, fancy dinner’. I said ‘I’m not interested in that, I only want to be friends and housemates’.

“He’d be constantly talking about how attractive I am and how hot my recent posts were.

“It’s inappropriate for friends to constantly be talking about your looks, especially when it’s guy friends and you made it clear you don’t feel comfortable.”

During the four months they were housemates, Ms Gupta alleges he sexually harassed her about once a fortnight or so and only after he’d been drinking.

“The first couple of days (of being housemates) it was OK, the first week or so, but after that he quickly, whenever he drank, he got into that habit,” she said.

“It was never when he was sober. It made me feel unsafe in my own home. He sat close to me on the couch, rubbing my knee, barging into my room demanding we go out and take drugs.

“I made a quick rule we would never get drunk together.”

In December 2019, the man charged into her bedroom drunk at 3am and “demanded” he have sex with her, Ms Gupta said.

“I pushed him out of the room. I was leaving half an hour after that for a flight so I was already half awake when he came in.

“I slammed the door shut and pushed my suitcase up against the door. By the time I left half an hour later he was fast asleep,” she said.

Ms Gupta said she would never have moved in with him if she had known about his earlier alleged sexual assault and harassment.
One week after thousands of women protested against gendered violence, Ms Gupta said she wanted to help change the conversation so that sexual harassment in the home was condemned.

“Just because it’s not illegal to sexually harass someone in their home or down the street, it’s not OK,” she said.

“Sexual harassment is only illegal in the workplace but I firmly believe it should be taken seriously in other facets of life,” she said. Under the Commonwealth Sex Discrimination Act, sexual harassment is illegal at work, in school or when providing goods, services or accommodation.'

'Australian Federal Police Commissioner Reece Kershaw has warned the Prime Minister’s probe into who knew what and when on the alleged rape of Brittany Higgins could interfere with the police investigation raising the prospect the political probe could be suspended.

In bombshell evidence to the Senate’s Legal and Constitutional Affairs Committee, Commissioner Kershaw said he was concerned that any political investigation could contaminate the police inquiry.
His warning could also provide political cover for the Prime Minister to suspend the probe, prompting Labor to warn of “a cover up” in Senate estimates.'

More rule of law than cover-up?

Four Corners seemed weird to me. The case is heavily politicised. On the one hand it makes one question the motivation and veracity of the allegations. But it's possibly also necessary if this case is going to instigate change.

Also weird was the complete absence of Brittany. Did she commit to exclusivity with 10? Not a good look IMO.

Four Corners seemed weird to me. The case is heavily politicised. On the one hand it makes one question the motivation and veracity of the allegations. But it's possibly also necessary if this case is going to instigate change.

Also weird was the complete absence of Brittany. Did she commit to exclusivity with 10? Not a good look IMO.

Ding ding ding

Reynolds is losing the Defence portfolio. Apparently calling Higgins a lying cow was misconstrued as calling her a lying cow.
Brittany got sloshed and had a romp with another staffer at Parliament House. Then the embarrassment of what happened set in and we have a rape allegation. They both should’ve been sacked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brittany got sloshed and had a romp with another staffer at Parliament House. Then the embarrassment of what happened set in and we have a rape allegation. They both should’ve been sacked.

According to the guard, Brittany was so drunk she was unable to put her shoes on. You think she consented to sex?

According to the guard, Brittany was so drunk she was unable to put her shoes on. You think she consented to sex?

Looks like Lebbo either does not agree with, or does not understand Australia's consent laws.

Being drunk doesn’t stop you from consenting to have sex. I’ve been drunk as a skunk before and so was the lady I caught a cab home with. Do you want a written contract ffs?

So now there's going to be an independent inquiry, but it won't report until NOVEMBER

We've had #wankgate since then but which is the lesser insult in the big scheme of things. There's also images of blowjobs out on Serkan Ozturk's weekly publication. I won't link it in but the headline says it all. :sick:

“DISGUSTING & SICKENING” PARLIAMENT pr0n PHOTOS AS #wankgate BECOMES #BLOWJOBGATE FOR SCOMO! Liberal w***ers Whip Dicks Out & Film Oral Sex in Govt Whip’s Office

Back