Updated The Bruce Lehrmann Trials * Justice Lee - "Mr Lehrmann raped Ms Higgins."

How long will the jury be out for?

• Back the same afternoon

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • One day

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Two days

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Three to five days

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Over a week

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

LINK TO FEDERAL COURT DEFAMATION PROCEEDINGS

Last edited:
What a really silly dinosaur of a Radio Presenter

Good to see he got sacked so quickly over what he said about Ms Higgins and the whole situation with her allegedly being raped.

Good to see he got sacked so quickly over what he said about Ms Higgins and the whole situation with her allegedly being raped.

Tagging Lebbo73 in to have a little thinky.

Not sure it warrants losing his job... unless he said more than what was written in the article.

My dad and a few of his associates have known him through work and socially over the years. Cordeaux is widely regarded as an A-Grade w***er.

Not sure it warrants losing his job... unless he said more than what was written in the article.

He also gave advice to the PM not to worry about offending anybody, which Scotty probably didn't even hear but his audience did and in doing so encouraged backwards thinking in to blaming Higgins. Bugger him. He's not some guy on minimum wage with no reach or influence.

This is what it's going to take I think if we're serious about culture change.

I hope Ray Hadley's paying attention.

Sacked for saying what most likely is the obvious truth. Have you ever heard of the principle of Occams Razor? It’s used a lot around these areas and mostly against what I post. This one is an obvious one.

Ms Higgins restrained response to the Cordeaux incident suggests more mature advice is on board.
Has the accused rapist been charged yet?

Ms Higgins restrained response to the Cordeaux incident suggests more mature advice is on board.
Has the accused rapist been charged yet?

You know he hasn't been charged yet or we would have heard about it.

You also probably know or maybe you don't, how slow the police move on these things and how few allegations due to lack of independent witness, end in charges.

IMO there needs to be charges so some men get the message, a drunk girl is not an invitation to help yourself to rape with no consequence.

You know he hasn't been charged yet or we would have heard about it.

You also probably know or maybe you don't, how slow the police move on these things and how few allegations due to lack of independent witness, end in charges.

IMO there needs to be charges so some men get the message, a drunk girl is not an invitation to help yourself to rape with no consequence.

You are quick to assume guilt. I'm happy to use alleged for good reason.

Sacked for saying what most likely is the obvious truth. Have you ever heard of the principle of Occams Razor? It’s used a lot around these areas and mostly against what I post. This one is an obvious one.

You said yourself, Higgins was drunk. She was so drunk as witnessed by a security guard, that she couldn't even put her shoes on. Higgins was in no position to give consent, absence of consent is the crux of a sexual assault case.

You said yourself, Higgins was drunk. She was so drunk as witnessed by a security guard, that she couldn't even put her shoes on. Higgins was in no position to give consent, absence of consent is the crux of a sexual assault case.
Was the staffer drunk? Why does being drunk mean you can’t give consent? I’ve had drunk sex with girlfriends/wife plenty of times before. Occams Razor Shelly, Occams Razor.

If a girl says yes while drunk it's rape/sexual assault? What if a girl asks a guy and he says yes? Rape? What if they both say yes? Two rapes?

*I think she was likely raped btw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If a girl says yes while drunk it's rape? What if a girl asks a guy and he says yes? Rape? What if they both say yes? Two rapes?

*I think she was likely raped btw.

It probably wouldn't get to the stage of a charge if a drunk girl said 'yes' unless there was aggravating circumstances but in Higgins case, she claims she passed out and woke halfway through the rape, started crying and telling him to get off her. He bolted and left her there, witnessed by security.

Was the staffer drunk? Why does being drunk mean you can’t give consent? I’ve had drunk sex with girlfriends/wife plenty of times before. Occams Razor Shelly, Occams Razor.

Higgins was passed out drunk, also if you are incoherent drunk and slurring all over the place you're in a vulnerable state where it can't be assumed you've given or can give consent. The staffer might have been drinking but witnesses didn't notice it, they noticed Higgins.

Higgins was passed out drunk, also if you are incoherent drunk and slurring all over the place you're in a vulnerable state where it can't be assumed you've given or can give consent. The staffer might have been drinking but witnesses didn't notice it, they noticed Higgins.

It seems pretty simple: if you have passed out you clearly can't consent.

If one person is stone cold sober and the other is drunk as a skunk then consent is pretty difficult too.

What worries me is if you have two fairly drunk parties. Are you retrospectively trying to work out who was drunker ?

It seems pretty simple: if you have passed out you clearly can't consent.

If one person is stone cold sober and the other is drunk as a skunk then consent is pretty difficult too.

What worries me is if you have two fairly drunk parties. Are you retrospectively trying to work out who was drunker ?
This guy has previous form & bolted after they had sex... because he knew damn well that he raped her.

When is the PM going to ban anyone who is drunk from entering parliament house....

There is much in what you say to contest, but to do so would draw faux outrage.

He'd have to sack a lot of MPs then... wouldn't get support from Labor either!
I didn't say sack, but ban anyone who is drunk - MP's, staff & other visitors from entering parliament house where they are drunk.

Time to improve standards!

I don't envisage that Ms Higgins rapist would ever want to do anything other than exercise his right to remain silent.

'A team of five Australian Federal Police officers has been assembled to investigate rape allegations raised by Brittany Higgins.
But deputy commissioner Neil Gaughan will not say whether the alleged perpetrator has been interviewed.
“Natural justice has to be held here in relation to this particular issue,” he told ABC radio on Wednesday.
“Of course, this person that has allegedly undertaken any crime is not obliged to be actually subjected to an interview, they have the right to remain silent.
“It’s up to them, it’s a matter for them, that’s the way our democracy is and the way our laws have been crafted.”'

'Four investigators assigned to her case are being overseen by an AFP detective-inspector.
“We will follow the evidence to where it takes us,” Mr Gaughan said.
“We’ve got to get this right, clearly, and we will be methodical.
“We will work through the evidence, we will work with the DPP and when we are ready and when they are ready, we will make some further public announcements about it.”
Mr Gaughan would not say how long the investigation might take.
“How long is a piece of string,” he said.
“I don’t want to put a timeline on it - I think that’s really dangerous - I don’t want to put pressure on investigators.
“My job is to provide them with time and space to do their job and that is my intention.”
Mr Gaughan said he would not provide “blow-by-blow” details on progress of the case but any major milestones would be accompanied by public media releases.
“We’ll just have to see where that takes us in the coming weeks.”'

What did they discover about Ms Higgins alleged rapist's alleged serious misconduct from their April 4 meeting with the AFP, or elsewhere, that appears to have triggered terminating Ms Higgins alleged rapists employment?

Why would they have encouraged MS Higgins to contact police over the incident, yet still have not terminated her alleged rapist's employment when they encouraged her to contact police over the incident?

'the Department of Finance has now revealed that the man’s employment was not formally terminated until nearly a fortnight after the alleged rape and after Ms Higgins first contacted police.

“I can confirm the employment of the individual was terminated on 5 April 2019 on the grounds of serious misconduct,’’ the Department of Finance response states.
The new timeline suggests for the first time that Senator Reynolds and her COS were aware of the rape allegation by the time his employment was formally terminated on April 5.'

'The termination was also after Senator Reynolds and Fiona Brown met with Ms Higgins on April 1 and encouraged her to contact police.

It also means the staffer was not formally sacked until after Senator Reynolds’ met with the AFP on Thursday, April 4, 2019 and confirmed an investigation was underway.'

Back