Updated The Bruce Lehrmann Trials * Justice Lee - "Mr Lehrmann raped Ms Higgins."

How long will the jury be out for?

• Back the same afternoon

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • One day

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Two days

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Three to five days

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Over a week

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

LINK TO FEDERAL COURT DEFAMATION PROCEEDINGS

Last edited:
Ch 10 now saying Wilkinson is being unfairly treated and have said they may take legal action. They reckon its unfair. Really.

Boo ******* hoo. She knew exactly what she was doing and put herself ahead of a woman who claims she was raped and a man who wants to prove his innocence.
Let her take legal action.

She will be laughed out of court

Ch 10 now saying Wilkinson is being unfairly treated and have said they may take legal action. They reckon its unfair. Really.

Boo ******* hoo. She knew exactly what she was doing and put herself ahead of a woman who claims she was raped and a man who wants to prove his innocence.
Irony.
Rapist goes free because of prejudicial hearing.

Reporter (name lisa)claims laws against women need to be changed and all women need to protest this tragedy of justice.

Lisa(not her real name) then writes a no1 best-selling book about the case.

Irony.

Reporter (name lisa)claims laws against women need to be changed and all women need to protest this tragedy of justice.

Surely hubby writes the book comparing her efforts to the ANZAC spirit, Breaker Morant and Tim Bailey is obviously the cruel William Bligh.

Irony.

'Rapist' ?

There’s no way the Accused is going to get found guilty. Have seen the brief, including the Victim’s (multiple and contrary) statements and CCTV.

There’s no way the Accused is going to get found guilty. Have seen the brief, including the Victim’s (multiple and contrary) statements and CCTV.

I haven't seen the brief and only know from watching news articles. From what I understand she was unsure of proceeding, probably didn't then have a swab taken, was unconscious naked on a lounge woken up by security staff and he has said he didn't have intercourse with her let alone rape her. I know when she entered the building she was drunk in extreme took her shoes off and couldn't put them back on.

She has an uphill battle ahead I'm afraid

I haven't seen the brief and only know from watching news articles. From what I understand she was unsure of proceeding, probably didn't then have a swab taken, was unconscious naked on a lounge woken up by security staff and he has said he didn't have intercourse with her let alone rape her. I know when she entered the building she was drunk in extreme took her shoes off and couldn't put them back on.

She has an uphill battle ahead I'm afraid
Not entirely true re the shoes. She’s observed in CCTV out the front of the building standing on one foot and lifting the other to fix the buckle on her shoe. She stands on one leg fine and has no issues fixing her shoe.

Not entirely true re the shoes. She’s observed in CCTV out the front of the building standing on one foot and lifting the other to fix the buckle on her shoe. She stands on one leg fine and has no issues fixing her shoe.

No. Once in the building and having been given passes, they had to pass through the metal detector and her shoes set off the machine. She took them off and once through the other side was unable to put them back on because she was too drunk. Security guard as witness to this sequence

Last edited:

So no CCTV inside the building, the offices ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't give consent if you are drunk. The problem she faces though is proving intercourse took place when there is no swab and she was comatose. Seem to recall she 'put the pieces together in her mind' in the days following that convinced her she had been rape. That level of doubt is a real problem. If she pieced it together later then does it exceed the standard of proof required to be beyond reasonable doubt.

Not sure I could handle the vitriol from Grace Tame if he is found not guilty.

Isn't the speaker of the house responsible for parliament house security?
Will he be called to give evidence on the lack of security procedures?
The speaker in the senate is his deputy.
Interestingly they both resigned last year.
Not one reporter has asked either of them what their thoughts are on the security breakdowns and the prayer room rumours.

This has always intrigued me as to the lack of questioning.

Isn't the speaker of the house responsible for parliament house security?
Will he be called to give evidence on the lack of security procedures?
The speaker in the senate is his deputy.
Interestingly they both resigned last year.
Not one reporter has asked either of them what their thoughts are on the security breakdowns and the prayer room rumours.

This has always intrigued me as to the lack of questioning.

The press gallery is made up of political enthusiasts & its not what they would consider 'politics' - sounds like a job for Ms Milligan :rolleyes: et al.

My guess is that there are but perhaps footage not provided on security grounds.

My information comes from a TV interview of the female security guard
I’ve seen the footage from outside the building and Brittany had no issues standing on one foot whilst lifting the other to fix her shoe. She then walks, without assistance, to the entrance. A senior police officer also did the brief for this one, which I’ve personally never witnessed or heard of. Brittany wouldn’t give her phone to police to conduct a download (common practice), they had to get a search warrant to seize it from her (something else I’ve never witnessed before).

I’ve seen the footage from outside the building and Brittany had no issues standing on one foot whilst lifting the other to fix her shoe. She then walks, without assistance, to the entrance. A senior police officer also did the brief for this one, which I’ve personally never witnessed or heard of. Brittany wouldn’t give her phone to police to conduct a download (common practice), they had to get a search warrant to seize it from her (something else I’ve never witnessed before).

Interesting insights.

I independently came to same opinion just on what I've read and watched.

The female security guard gave a TV interview. She was adament she was plastered. She ended up sleeping to what 10am?

What was the time frame of the officer doing the brief after the alleged crime ?

Roughly two years off the top of my head. But Brittany didn’t make a formal complaint until 2021. Purely political and media driven. Mr Lehrmann, IMO, has a very good case for malicious prosecution.

Seriously? You're suggesting Brittany Higgins of being behind a malicious prosecution? That's laughable.

Seriously? You're suggesting Brittany Higgins of being behind a malicious prosecution? That's laughable.
No, not Higgins.. she’s the victim in the matter. There’s a hint in the term “malicious prosecution” which may give away who you would submit a case against.

Back