FTA-TV The almighty, all conquering Sunday Footy Show

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
Did this show air on Sunday that just went (28th March 2021)? it's not showing on 9now (just one episode dated 21st March 2021 listed there)... I usually watch it later via 9now due to Sunday commitments.

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I didn't see an obvious one to post in... Mods can move my post to a correct thread if necessary

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Did this show air on Sunday that just went (28th March 2021)? it's not showing on 9now (just one episode dated 21st March 2021 listed there)... I usually watch it later via 9now due to Sunday commitments.

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I didn't see an obvious one to post in... Mods can move my post to a correct thread if necessary
It aired nationwide as channel 9 had a reported cyber attack which meant none of their Sydney produced programs could air including the NRL Footy Show. So NSW and QLD got the AFL Footy Show instead.

I'm guessing that cyber attack is why they haven't uploaded the show to 9now.

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
It aired nationwide as channel 9 had a reported cyber attack which meant none of their Sydney produced programs could air including the NRL Footy Show. So NSW and QLD got the AFL Footy Show instead.

I'm guessing that cyber attack is why they haven't uploaded the show to 9now.
thanks, mate.

10Dulkar

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2013
Kardinia Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
This show is so underrated. Provides great analysis, is genuinely funny and doesn't pander to any PC agendas. The whole thing just works.

Now that On The Couch has lost its uniqueness with no journalist on there full time, it's my favourite show on TV.
I am not one for MMM or Bounce etc but I love the panel and think it strikes a perfect balance between humour and analysis.
Chomp chomp chomp!

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Now that On The Couch has lost its uniqueness with no journalist on there full time, it's my favourite show on TV.
I am not one for MMM or Bounce etc but I love the panel and think it strikes a perfect balance between humour and analysis.
Chomp chomp chomp!

on the couch would be so much better without brown but like how triple m and channel 7 would be so much better without Carey.

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Not something I watch often but can't deny that it's a very well made show, miles better than 7's Gameday was.

It's curious as to why Ch 9 have been so much better at producing footy shows over recent decades than Ch 7 or imo Fox Footy have.

I guess Ch 7's big success is The Front Bar but that started off and was created on the AFL website (as a 10 min segment iirc) years ago. If that had started within Ch 7 no way known it would've been as good.

yamborghinidream

Metal Gear Solid
Apr 14, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
WAFL
This show is so underrated. Provides great analysis, is genuinely funny and doesn't pander to any PC agendas. The whole thing just works.
SFS for the laughs and personalities. FC for the off-field drama and weighty discussions. No reason to watch any other show

Does make me wonder if 9 getting the FTA rights would bring something new to the table because their football shows are miles ahead of 7's (although I don't watch Front Bar)

I actually think a AFL/NRL 7/9 swap would be the best thing for both codes tbh

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I actually think a AFL/NRL 7/9 swap would be the best thing for both codes tbh
It would be great for the AFL. Ch9 and Ch10 both give a s**t about sport production. Ch7 don't. Look at their cricket coverage. Thank god Fox does their own test coverage.

Oshka

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Would benefit from Kellie Underwood and Tony Armstrong. A very toxic boys club.

Would benefit from Kellie Underwood and Tony Armstrong. A very toxic boys club.

thankfully, people like you haven't meddled with the formula, like they have with basically every other show, ruining it beyond repair

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Ha! Young Chompity-Chomp-Chomp-Chompers. :grinv1:

yCQER7v.jpg

Back