FTA-TV Race Across the World/TAR thread

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
I edited ep 5.

Looks like a good series even though the production company are seriously rushing the edit.
The first 2 seasons of TAR Australia were produced by activeTV, the company which produces the US version. They did a great job, and TAR Australia was as good as, if not better than, the original.

Then Ch7 made the blunder of bringing the production in-house. The result was the quivering mess that was Season 3. It was more My Kitchen Rules than Amazing Race, with endless recaps and talking heads - and bugger all in the way of actual racing.

Please tell me that Ch10 have gone back to activeTV to produce this series, and that they're not making the same blunder that Ch7 did?

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
The first 2 seasons of TAR Australia were produced by activeTV, the company which produces the US version. They did a great job, and TAR Australia was as good as, if not better than, the original.

Then Ch7 made the blunder of bringing the production in-house. The result was the quivering mess that was Season 3. It was more My Kitchen Rules than Amazing Race, with endless recaps and talking heads - and bugger all in the way of actual racing.

Please tell me that Ch10 have gone back to activeTV to produce this series, and that they're not making the same blunder that Ch7 did?

No, a company called Eureka. They are relatively new, headed by an old Exec of Shine.

Trust me, they're better than 7.

The starting point we got given was the Canadian version because ch10 think the US version is too fast. And we got told to use Master interviews more and they like to be very clear and hold the audiences hand somewhat.

From what I've seen it'll be decent! I think the cast is good which is half the battle.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
No, a company called Eureka. They are relatively new, headed by an old Exec of Shine.

Trust me, they're better than 7.

The starting point we got given was the Canadian version because ch10 think the US version is too fast. And we got told to use Master interviews more and they like to be very clear and hold the audiences hand somewhat.

From what I've seen it'll be decent! I think the cast is good which is half the battle.
More interviewing, less racing. You're not raising my level of enthusiasm.

At least it has a decent cast...

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
More interviewing, less racing. You're not raising my level of enthusiasm.

At least it has a decent cast...

ha, I'm not saying it'll be mass amount of interviews. It's just not the total blur of the US version.

DapperJong

Cancelled
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Yeah the US version lost me a while ago tbh.

Can you tell us anywhere they go? Or is that strictly under wraps?

I don't know if it's under wraps, but you can wait :)

I've never seen the other seasons, but I hope it's not dragged out like Australian Survivor being on multiple times a week and over an hour long for each episode most of the time. Slowing down the pace of what we see seems like a good idea. I think I mentioned in a TAR thread on here during the US version that that series seemed to be far too quick, as DJ said "a blur". I watched TAR religiously and posted during the episodes on an American site and didn't seem to have a problem with it a few years ago. I'm really looking forward to seeing this version. Nuns racing? JHC!

Back