The ALP is pissweak (and has been for years)

Dry Rot

My hat is better than yours
Feb 21, 2002
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The ALP is pissweak and has been since Keating went in 1996.

With the Howard govt, they stayed silent in opposition when the poorest Australians were kicked. Beasley was especially pissweak.

And in govt, Gillard and Macklin went after many segments of the poor just like good little Liberals.

And now this today:

Jim Chalmers ditches Labor’s pre-election pledge to conduct review into Newstart

No surprises from this pissweak party.

HurleyHepsHird

Maximum Praxis
Oct 2, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
The ALP is pissweak and has been since Keating went in 1996.

With the Howard govt, they stayed silent in opposition when the poorest Australians were kicked. Beasley was especially pissweak.

And in govt, Gillard and Macklin went after many segments of the poor just like good little Liberals.

And now this today:

Jim Chalmers ditches Labor’s pre-election pledge to conduct review into Newstart

No surprises from this pissweak party.
Yeah, they don't even have a reason to role over on this.

I see the lesson they have taken from an uncharismatic member of the Labor right being rolled, is that they need to double down on listening to neoliberal flouncers (Chalmers) and play Coalition lite by sticking it to the poor.

That's really what upper middle Queensland bogan retirees want. It definitely won't lead to even greater youth disengagement, which was one of the main issues coming out of the election.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reynolds Number

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoke City, Dortmund, San José, As
I watched Fahreinheit 11/9 this afternoon. There are quite a few similarities with the US Democrats and the ALP.

eastfreo75

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 11, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
The ALP turned to **** the moment Keating rolled hawke.
The Elites hated Hawkie because he was a bloke who loved the average bloke and would have a drinking competition with

Labor have forgotten their base and are ruled by the Brunswick soya latte drinking, tree hugging, vegan who have cats types.

DidakDelight

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Queensland State of Origin
The dole is something we must not only protect but increase.

In addition paying people on the dole $0.50 for every extra dollar they earn, up to a certain amount, would be a great way to reward effort
Would reduce crime if they increased it.
Long over due for a decent increase

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeds

Hall of Famer
Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Would reduce crime if they increased it.
Long over due for a decent increase
So the old argument of give a robber money so he doesnt rob. You get that is the same as still robbing right? He still gets your hard earned stuff for nothing. Alteast make him go to the effort to break into your house first. He can atleast owe us that.

nylexbandit

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
IMO they can’t win because the media are biased and the general public are stupid. These tax cuts are a classic example - stop them and they’re ignoring the will of the people/blocking stimulus - pass them and they’re traitors/don’t stand for anything. No win situation and the media and public are happy to perpetuate it

DaRick

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2008
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
Drugs would be cheaper if they left drug dealers alone too.
It's ironic that if drugs were cheaper, many of them wouldn't even be in business.

That's why I support decriminalisation of soft drugs like marijuana - not because I think they're good for you, but because it undermines the criminal element.

Top Bottom