The ALP is pissweak (and has been for years)

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO they can’t win because the media are biased and the general public are stupid. These tax cuts are a classic example - stop them and they’re ignoring the will of the people/blocking stimulus - pass them and they’re traitors/don’t stand for anything. No win situation and the media and public are happy to perpetuate it

Moronic party. They've sold out the environment and everyone who isn't rich. Frauds.
How have they sold out the environment? They had an environment policy that the people voted against. Its australians that have sold out the environment. Not labour. Get angry at your neighbours.

How have the helped people who arent rich. All these tax cuts are going to the low income earners.

Most people work. Most greenies work. Most wealthy people work. Who is the working class that you are talking about and why do they get to be called the working class and not others?
great question.

Working class is a crude term and maybe, outdated.

I wanting to say the people who in wealth terms are lower to middle.

The ALP is pissweak and has been since Keating went in 1996.

With the Howard govt, they stayed silent in opposition when the poorest Australians were kicked. Beasley was especially pissweak.

And in govt, Gillard and Macklin went after many segments of the poor just like good little Liberals.

And now this today:

Jim Chalmers ditches Labor’s pre-election pledge to conduct review into Newstart

No surprises from this pissweak party.
call me a bitch
i think albo deserve a chance
his playing the long game

You still unhappy that I voted in my own self interest? Do you honestly not do the same? Why do you still follow the essendon football club after the drug saga?

Do you really think the majority of Shortens policies were good and fair ideas?
Tell the thread about ya self interest ?!

So you are angry at his seat and dont think people in his seat deserve to have their views expressed in the person they vote into power?
No. I'm just explaining a reason why the ALP are behaving like they are under his leadership.

As the party's leader he has to consider the needs of most ALP voters not just those in his seat if he wants to become PM.

How have they sold out the environment? They had an environment policy that the people voted against. Its australians that have sold out the environment. Not labour. Get angry at your neighbours.
Hardly. They routinely said one thing and did another, or engaged in doublespeak. They said in Queensland they were pro-Adani, while giving the impression in Victoria that they were against it. Palaszczuk has pretty much rolled out the red carpet for them. Labor sold out the environment by not standing up for it and being bold.

How have the helped people who arent rich. All these tax cuts are going to the low income earners.
Prove it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, nah.

View attachment 704602

Notice how the cuts for the well off are increasing over time, yet they don't for the low income earners.
Low income earners pay a fraction of the taxes, middle Australia pays so why should they get the same cut as Australians who have worked hard to get a better life for themselves and their families.
Cutting the tax dodges like 'managing tax affairs payments' and the crazy allowances politicians get would be good though.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Low income earners pay a fraction of the taxes, middle Australia pays so why should they get the same cut as Australians who have worked hard to get a better life for themselves and their families.
Dumb comment, and a straw man argument. Nobody suggested they should get the same cut. What I was pointing out is that it's a piddling cut for anyone below 60k, only rises marginally for those between 30 and 60k and remains static for those under 40k, while the cuts for the well off take huge leaps over time.

Labour had an environment policy that flipped.from.seat to.seat about Adani and they refused to explain or cost. At least the Greens were consistent even if they didn't care about the consequences on our economy or living conditions or that it would achieve stuff all while countries like China are praised for lying about progress while polluting at record.levels.

The person on 30k already earns 18k of that completely tax free and then a whole 19% for the remaining 12k iirc, hardly surprising that they aren't going to be big beneficiaries of any tax cuts when they already barely pay any..
Another person failing at grasping my point. The quote I was responding to was "all these tax cuts are going to the low income earners", which is clearly wrong, and there's a huge increase for those on good incomes and zilch for those on low incomes.

or that it would achieve stuff all while countries like China are praised for lying about progress while polluting at record.levels.
Yes, how dare anyone poorer ever dare to pollute, they should be cutting back while we remain rich off the back of coal!

If you have evidence of China lying about their progress, do publish it, I'm sure global markets would love to know that all their research is wrong.

Cutting the tax dodges like 'managing tax affairs payments' and the crazy allowances politicians get would be good though.

That old chestnut.

The reality is that their are winners and losers in an economy.

Yet at the same time, the winners get the spoils from the total system.

That’s why we tax the winners more.

If you tax too much it kills peoples hard work.

It’s a balancing act.

The problem with the tax cuts is that the majority of the money won’t reach the economy.

While, tax relief to lower wagers will go straight into the economy.

Sure, you might say the winners are their because of being good at what they do and work hard for it.

That’s half the truth. People who are winners in the economy great networking systems or their parents could afford them a good education. Etc.

Yes, how dare anyone poorer ever dare to pollute, they should be cutting back while we remain rich off the back of coal!

If you have evidence of China lying about their progress, do publish it, I'm sure global markets would love to know that all their research is wrong.
China a poor country?? Maybe it's people are but that is only because their barbaric murderous leadership is keeping money for themselves and massively expanding their military to bully their neighbours.

The UN and Greenpeace have noted China's continued increase in coal emissions after earlier promises to cut use but evidence is limited by the Chinese punishment of anyone expressing opinions against their policies.

[/URL]

Dumb comment, and a straw man argument. Nobody suggested they should get the same cut. What I was pointing out is that it's a piddling cut for anyone below 60k, only rises marginally for those between 30 and 60k and remains static for those under 40k, while the cuts for the well off take huge leaps over time.
What an eloquent and considered response, I guess you are one of those small percentage of lefties whose response to anyone daring to disagree with your doctrine is to insult them. People like you helped Clinton and Shorten lose the unloseable.elections they did.

You raise some good points, I can only talk to myself who is in a household where we will be in that group that benefits the most and we will be putting the money straight into the pockets of tradies to fix.damage to our house (due to age) that we have had to put off previously
That old chestnut.

The reality is that their are winners and losers in an economy.

Yet at the same time, the winners get the spoils from the total system.

That’s why we tax the winners more.

If you tax too much it kills peoples hard work.

It’s a balancing act.

The problem with the tax cuts is that the majority of the money won’t reach the economy.

While, tax relief to lower wagers will go straight into the economy.

Sure, you might say the winners are their because of being good at what they do and work hard for it.

That’s half the truth. People who are winners in the economy great networking systems or their parents could afford them a good education. Etc.

You raise some good points, I can only talk to myself who is in a household where we will be in that group that benefits the most and we will be putting the money straight into the pockets of tradies to fix.damage to our house (due to age) that we have had to put off previously

Personally, I am tight ass and my wife is worse than me. Any tax cuts will go into our home loans and won't reach the economy.

What an eloquent and considered response, I guess you are one of those small percentage of lefties whose response to anyone daring to disagree with your doctrine is to insult them.
I could say exactly the same of you to an even higher degree. I gave you full reasons why your comment was a straw man argument. Your response ignored that altogether and was simply whinging and insults, so I think it's extremely rich for you to complain about that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back