FTA-TV The Amazing Race 17

Remove this Banner Ad

If you want to talk about any episode that has not been shown in Australia, than yes, you should talk about it in another thread.

Yeah I just assumed there would be a SPOILERS thread. Not to be.

I'll get onto one now. :D

Geek 1 - 'I want my mom' 'im so glad i didnt soil myself'

Geek 2 - 'I think i did soil myself'

:D:D

Seriously no way i could sit in a car with somebody driving like that. Insane.

I love it when they go to places like that, it totally throws all those middle class Americans off.

Don't think I'll be rushing to book a holiday in Ghana anytime soon, the place looks hell dodgy.

Bit of a shame the birth mum and daughter team got the arse. They were both pretty likeable and you got the feeling that they really wanted to stay in the race to get to know each other better.

Most of the teams are pretty likeable in this series though, usually there is at least one obnoxious team to hate. Not really a fan of the bogan tattoo couple but I wouldn't say I hate them.

That episode has further enhanced my likeness towards Mallory and her Dad, they are my fave of the series thus far I think. I also LOVED the hyperactiveness of Brook! Such a good episode, really puts the race into perspective.

Edit: As Plugger said, what a shame to see the reunited Ma and Daughter go. Such lovely young women they were.

Dammit. I had band practice last night so missed it.

Just started watching!!! I dunno why, but was oblivious and didnt know it began last week. Anyways..... yeah some teams seem really funny (dont know any names yet).

Is it just me tho, or does anyone else feel uncomfortable when they have a challenge where they have to sell stuff to the locals. Its just they are hardly rich people walking around and there they are these rich Yanks begging THEM to give them money all for the dumb Amazing Race.... i dunno I just feel like it's not right.

Dammit. I had band practice last night so missed it.

This one time....

:D

Is it just me tho, or does anyone else feel uncomfortable when they have a challenge where they have to sell stuff to the locals. Its just they are hardly rich people walking around and there they are these rich Yanks begging THEM to give them money all for the dumb Amazing Race.... i dunno I just feel like it's not right.

Yep - I agree it is not right, and also jumping up and down after winning a holiday for finishing first. I just think the other tasks were actually helping locals. I would rather they do tasks like that and help the locals, not take from them.

I got home late so just watched it - good episode all round. No surprise the Gilmore Girls are gone. Starting to like the Glee boys, but the father and daughter are still my favourites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep - I agree it is not right, and also jumping up and down after winning a holiday for finishing first. I just think the other tasks were actually helping locals. I would rather they do tasks like that and help the locals, not take from them.

You'd think the actual money they got would go back to the local vendor that owned the store. Or everyone got their money back (free sunglasses for everyone! :D).

Great episode all round - great tasks and really seperated the teams. Loved the stupidity of them - particularly the circle around the kids!

-The Gleeks are doing surprisingly good. Could be a dark horse.
- Chad and Stephanie - Chad is a douche. End of story.
- Doctors lucky to survive. I overestimated them.
- The father and son- very lucky. They won't survive much longer.

Good to see Gary and Mallory have a good leg. My favourite team by far.

good ep. :thumbsu:

Don't normally like non-eliminations but was glad it was this time. Would have been a shame for the Asian dad and son to go out that way, with the old man needing medical attention.

Some major stupidity on show in that episode, especially with the puzzle detour. Only the Glee dudes figured it out properly.

They also showed again how clueless Americans are when it comes to geography, when none of them could locate Ghana on the map. One of them even thought it was down near South Africa.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back