FTA-TV The Amazing Race Australia

davefromjerra

All Australian
Mar 3, 2005
Magnetic Island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A bit different this year with teams just racing around Australia. My favourite teams so far are the Kiwis, the brother and the sister who is missing part of her arm and the Indians. Least favourite would the power couple and the cowboys.
They were up here filming on Magnetic Island last September

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
The US one is so good that it is so hard to get anywhere close to it - great production value, they generally cast pretty well, and they edit it to 60 mins. TAR Aus is never going to get close.

Besides the Power couple, the rest of them are likeable. You need a few teams to dislike. Although the best friends are pretty good value.

Beau Ryan is awful as host.

It needs to be 60 mins, not 90 mins.

When Ch 7 did get it to go around the world it was far better. Australia is OK but part of the attraction of the show is not being familiar, relying on languages other than English and actually flying to destinations.

I was pleasantly surprised with the first episode considering that the last Australian version was so awful. I agree that the 90 minute episodes are too long. I hate how this show, like most Australia TV reality shows, are shown on consecutive nights in prime time. A couple of 60 minute episodes per week would be OK.

The tasks weren't really flashy, but they kept me interested. I especially like teams not being able to find a needle in a haystack and fall behind the others. It seems so devious. LOL

None of the teams really bothers me yet which is a concern. I ain't got nobody to hate on. Well, that's not true. The serial hugger, Beau, kind of makes up for it.

Considering the limitations this series has, so far so good.

Easy to see who the evil team is meant to be - The Power Team. It's almost like they're... errr... American. :)

Surprised the older teams are doing OK. But then again there seems to be a few of them this season compared to most. I would have drown in the surf lifesaving task. And me on a dirt bike? LOL

So far much better than last season.

Jackson loks like Jezza Cameron after footy.

Screenshot_20210201-233130_Chrome.jpg

Pretty harsh to give the old ducks the sabotage.
This is a game. The Sabotage should have been given to the stronger of the two teams.

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
It is important to deal with mental health but given the demands of the show, I don't think going on the show was going to help any mental health issues.

Gee, the Power Couple love themselves.....

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
The Power Couple love themselves so much it is boring. I hope they go soon, nothing to like about them. Imagine losing out to the oldies.

In saying that, I didn't agree with the whole sabotage / salvage decision. They should have been able to give out one to either team but not both.

Is it worth catching up on guys?
Yes. Much better than the last one. Tasks have been OK, nothing outstanding but mostly competitive. Only one team to hate on so far. A lot more older people than normal. A few have a good sense of humour. Beau as host again. Ick. At least he didn't hug people last night. He did on Monday. I don't like his involvement in doing some of the tasks as a example of what has to be done.

Mar 27, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes. Much better than the last one. Tasks have been OK, nothing outstanding but mostly competitive. Only one team to hate on so far. A lot more older people than normal. A few have a good sense of humour. Beau as host again. Ick. At least he didn't hug people last night. He did on Monday. I don't like his involvement in doing some of the tasks as a example of what has to be done.
He wanted to hug Emily Seabohm

Back