FTA-TV The Amazing Race Australia

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I guess the word "artificial" is the key word that I used.

If they're being bunched up waiting for planes or boats or whatever, that's not "artificial" - that's the reality of travelling. But stopping everyone to do a Survivor challenge is an artificial re-set of the race.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
So they are finally leaving Queensland and going to the Northern Territory in the next episode, this is like The Amazing Race on a backpacker's budget.

They will also go to SA, Tas and NSW who all had borders open went it was filmed during October and mid-Nov. Reckon it finishes in NSW as it always has had open borders.

If the penalties for not completing a task are only going to be 30 minutes (as has been the case twice now), why wouldn't teams turn up to challenges that are clearly difficult/time-consuming and immediately forfeit it to take the 30 minute penalty!?

The penalties need to be 1 hour, at the very least.

magic_johnson!

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 7, 2008
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Thought I would hate the series not leaving aus but enjoying it so far - i remember there was once a us series (the family teams of four series) that didn’t leave the us and it was tedious and boring.

the bunching though is getting so frustrating and really not allowing the good teams to be good. Teams racing to the airport and booking their own flights was great, and if teams arrives at2am to an activity that didn’t open until 6, so be it.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Thought I would hate the series not leaving aus but enjoying it so far - i remember there was once a us series (the family teams of four series) that didn’t leave the us and it was tedious and boring.

the bunching though is getting so frustrating and really not allowing the good teams to be good. Teams racing to the airport and booking their own flights was great, and if teams arrives at2am to an activity that didn’t open until 6, so be it.

I haven't watched the Amazing Race Australia or US in over 10 years. I've come to the conclusion watching this series that it's not "an" amazing race - they're treating it as ~16 separate races.

So they just followed a non-elimination leg with another non-elimination leg... & are then adding another team next leg. By my math, that will be 3 legs where the number of teams don't change - presuming the next leg isn't another non-elimination leg.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
More stowaways. Starting to lose interest.
My initial reaction was that is so unfair to original teams who have been there from the start.
But then I think of the two gay brothers quitting due to mental health, the old husband and wife team pulling out due to injury and other crap teams previously eliminated like the two older women who could barely walk around let alone due challenges.
Maybe the two new teams might make the race interesting again. It should be more competitive.

However I’m not a fan of sabotage and salvage, and the concept of a team taking a leg off after a win. That’s bullshit.

Not a huge fan of the girls.

sh*t dont stink attitude is a huge put off.

The prince sucks aswell.
Couldn't stand the Gold Coast Girls initially. They seem to have chilled a bit now and more concentrating on just playing the game, but I hated their constant reliance on the whole "We're pretty girls, we're going to flirt and bat our eyelids to get what we want" stuff that they were absolutely hammering for the first few eps. Could've been a production thing? As we know, everyone on Aussie reality TV has to have some sort of gimmick.

Don't like stowaways. Same as intruders on Big Brother. They're only there to incite manufactured rivalries with the originals. Also feel like I should be rooting for the Crows girls but they ******* did me dirty when they sabo'd the Sikhs and salvaged a team that should've already been out.

Agree with the skipping a leg stuff when you win a leg, fair bullshit.

Thought spending the whole thing in Aus might get lame but it's actually pretty cool. I will never ever see all of Australia so seeing what we have to offer through the show is pretty cool.

Also sort of loathe to say this because I don't want to ruin the viewing experience for others, but I came up with an Amazing Race drinking game if you like getting your stomach pumped.

I noticed it last season and it's continued through this one too, but nearly every talking head has something in common and it's one of those things that when you notice it, you can never unhear it. Not sure if it's something production tell them to say. If you want it to grate your ears forevermore, click below.

Drink every time someone in a talking head says "we knew". You *will* be dead by the end of an episode.

"We knew we were last and we knew the sikhs were just ahead of us. We knew we had to finish that roadblock fast because we knew if we didn't catch up we would probably finish last where we knew that could be the end of the race for us."

They deadset say it at least 20 times a show. The only thing that's made it tolerable now that I've noticed it is saying "Drink!" every time I hear it.

It's one of those phrases that you could omit nearly entirely and still make sense.

"We were last and the sikhs were just ahead of us. We had to finish that roadblock fast because if we didn't catch up we would probably finish last and it could've been the end of the race for us."

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Also sort of loathe to say this because I don't want to ruin the viewing experience for others, but I came up with an Amazing Race drinking game if you like getting your stomach pumped.

I noticed it last season and it's continued through this one too, but nearly every talking head has something in common and it's one of those things that when you notice it, you can never unhear it. Not sure if it's something production tell them to say. If you want it to grate your ears forevermore, click below.

Drink every time someone in a talking head says "we knew". You *will* be dead by the end of an episode.

"We knew we were last and we knew the sikhs were just ahead of us. We knew we had to finish that roadblock fast because we knew if we didn't catch up we would probably finish last where we knew that could be the end of the race for us."

They deadset say it at least 20 times a show. The only thing that's made it tolerable now that I've noticed it is saying "Drink!" every time I hear it.

It's one of those phrases that you could omit nearly entirely and still make sense.

"We were last and the sikhs were just ahead of us. We had to finish that roadblock fast because if we didn't catch up we would probably finish last and it could've been the end of the race for us."
We had a similar thing running for "smash it out", "game changer" and "babe". Shane McGowan would even struggle to keep up with the drinking.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
* me, they've completely ****ed this show up. Eliminated couples coming back, intruders, the Sikhs being bumped from first to last, couples skipping entire legs.
Serves me tight for giving AR Aus a second chance, but geez I'll never watch again. This is complete ****ed.

And God dam, if those footy chick's make one more reference to football, I'll spew up. Alright, we get it, you're girls and you play footy. You're not ******* suffragettes.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Yeah it's one of the worst TAR series I've seen, the teams not leaving Australia is bad enough but all the other twists they've thrown in like adding teams halfway through and saving teams that should be eliminated has made a mockery of the whole show.

It's a shame as the Australian versions of TAR on Ch7 with Grant Bowler as host were very good and equal in quality to the American TAR series.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Yeah it's one of the worst TAR series I've seen, the teams not leaving Australia is bad enough but all the other twists they've thrown in like adding teams halfway through and saving teams that should be eliminated has made a mockery of the whole show.

It's a shame as the Australian versions of TAR on Ch7 with Grant Bowler as host were very good and equal in quality to the American TAR series.
The first Ch7 series was as good as, if not better, than the US version - because it was made by the same production company which does the US version. The second Ch7 series was done by Ch7 themselves, and they turned it into My Kitchen Race.

The less said about the Ch10 abominations the better. I don't mind the fact that they weren't able to leave Australia - we all know the reason for that, and there was absolutely nothing they could do about it. All of the other changes have been both unnecessary and detrimental to the show.

... and Beau Ryan should never host anything ever again.

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
I don't given 7 much credit but they did do a much better job. Yes Grant Bowler was a better host but the whole thing wasn't too bad compared to the US one. Channel 10 have just butchered it to the point it is unwatchable.

The stupid 'intruders' tipped me over the edge. And it is dragging it out too long.

I received a call from Ch 10 and was asked to join the race next week. I need a partner. Shell ?

This show went South very quickly. Why not send them to Victoria and have them in quarantine for 14 days and show that?

Back