FTA-TV The Americans

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I think Stan has to grow some and do something.

Did they use CGI to make Elizabeth young?

The blow up with Paige...Rev Tim turning up.

I wanted Phil to get caught so bad...just once!

apparently so

"Elizabeth’s issues are simple and fundamental. She is what happens when you ask a human being to do inhuman things. In her flashbacks to her early training, Elizabeth (portrayed by a creepily CGI’d Keri Russel)"

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/the-...-season-6-episode-9-review-jennings-elizabeth

*edit*
reading further down, just good makeup not cgi

Last edited:
FFS just read the spoilers for the last episode - don't do it everyone - it will burn your eyes. I know its not that sort of show but they should spin off a series with Stan - he's my hero

So much ******* heartbreak in that episode. Almost every single scene was a punch in the gut, but that last scene with Henry was particularly devastating

The look on Elizabeth’s face when she saw Paige.

A bit meh over U2 song and I am a big fan.

The car park stand off was perfect.

Poor Stan.

12 lousy pages....

Quality 6 seasons

A bit meh over U2 song
Same. My initial thought was that it seemed out of place because its a modern song in a period show, but I understand that the lyrics are probably why it was picked
The car park stand off was perfect.
Agreed. Just superbly acted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same. My initial thought was that it seemed out of place because its a modern song in a period show, but I understand that the lyrics are probably why it was picked

Agreed. Just superbly acted

Well the song was on the money...from the Joshua Tree that came out the same year...1987. There was a Dec 1987 calendar last week.

What’s worse is saying it was a song from whe U2 made music.

In reality Phil and Liz only needed to wait 2 years before they could catch up with the kids.
That's if they wanted to, and could, meet up.

I'm not sure that Henry would want to and there's the possibility, albeit small, that Paige gets arrested too

Honestly thought Liz would die
I think most viewers did, but in a way the lost of her family and the Russia she thought she knew is almost the more significant punishment

Stuck the landing to near sheer perfection. Considering I went in thinking they seemingly had a lot of ground to cover, for them to wrap it up how they did, that's top-notch television right there. Philip and Elizabeth getting away, but not really is such a good way to go out.

U2 is generally whatever, but the way they shot it had me flashing back to Don't Stop Believing. Paige standing on the platform had me gasping.

Garage scene, perfect. Maybe it's a little bit of a cheat that Stan doesn't know about the killings and Amador (though potentially he'll find out) but Stan already is in a hopeless place. That would have broken him completely. The ambiguity of Renee is also great, and keeping with the rest of the show, Philip's line to Stan about her is just a great line.

It didn't need bloodshed to give us an emotional, compelling piece of television. That's what makes the show one of the best in any era of television, not just the current one.

Last edited:
I think this is the best show I've ever watched.
I used to love it, but it has slowly gone downhill.

I know Paige annoyed a lot of people but I would have liked for them to go more in depth with her training.

I loved the Stan storylines.

Liz character annoyed me the most in the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back