The Amnesty Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dom Tyson is not good enough to be playing seniors in a top 8 AFL side. He is a potato that has grown roughly in the shape of a Ferrari and then been clever enough to paint himself red.

Kudos though for being able to get on an AFL list based on great hair and a stylish (if hideously ineffective) kicking action.

Give me Harmes, Wagner, Frost, ANB, Bugg or any other of our boards whipping boys every day of the week over our chief turnover/hospital ball merchant.

Come at me Tulip, G2B and The Dr. Amnesty waived ;-)

Don't know whether I agree with that, but the analogy is excellent. So many players just paint themselves red these days instead of legitimately having a sleek exterior, a comfortable, spacious interior and powerful yet efficient motor under the bonnet for a surprisingly affordable price.

Amnesty huh?

I like our 2008ish Silver Surfer and the Carlton silver jumper.

1cxDbn9.jpg

He’ll either take several preseasons to reach the required fitness level or never get there IMO. Can’t help but feel that be lacks the dedication of guys like Oliver, and the Saints knew it. His best is already very good, but he’ll never be more than a B grader if he doesn’t lift his work rate.

Thankfully we were able to offload him to Port Adel-... wait...

Dom Tyson is not good enough to be playing seniors in a top 8 AFL side. He is a potato that has grown roughly in the shape of a Ferrari and then been clever enough to paint himself red.

You say this like potatoes are a bad thing? They're tasty and versatile.

If anything it's the Ferraris that should be diversifying by disguising themselves as potatoes.

As weird as this will sound I think we're underrating how well Gawns year is coming along.
What’s the saying ... Familiarity breeds contempt? Are we just expecting it now?

He’s absolutely flying, and now he’s kicking a few goals he’s going even better.

I’ve noticed the talk of this hotly contested race to be the best ruckman in the comp has died off the last few weeks, with Max rightfully settling in to his position

What’s the saying ... Familiarity breeds contempt? Are we just expecting it now?

He’s absolutely flying, and now he’s kicking a few goals he’s going even better.

I’ve noticed the talk of this hotly contested race to be the best ruckman in the comp has died off the last few weeks, with Max rightfully settling in to his position
Someone with talent should edit together that scene in Game of Thrones where Joffrey watches all the little people dressed up as the other 'kings' fight it out and kill each other. With Max as Joffrey and the little people as the other ruckmen

Someone with talent should edit together that scene in Game of Thrones where Joffrey watches all the little people dressed up as the other 'kings' fight it out and kill each other. With Max as Joffrey and the little people as the other ruckmen

His his real name Joff but people just persist in called him 'Joffrey'?

I still hear a bit about Nic Nat being the best, but I just don't see him having the influence that Gawn does week in week out.

NN is the closest to him imo, his tapwork is just as good or even arguably better but Gawn gives you more around the ground. I can't wait to watch the gun rucks (Gawn Grundy NN) play against each other this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NN is the closest to him imo, his tapwork is just as good or even arguably better but Gawn gives you more around the ground. I can't wait to watch the gun rucks (Gawn Grundy NN) play against each other this year.

Those are the three gun rucks right now, but I've been looking at the stats on AFL Stats Pro and really no ruck is as complete as Gawn. Grundy has him for disposals, but Maxy gives you more hitouts, more to advantage, more contested marks etc. etc. etc. Really he gives you the things you want your ruck to do.

When people were saying Grundy gets it 20 times which made him the best ruck in the comp, I didn't understand why you wanted your ruck getting it 20 times. Probably the worst kick and handballer in the team. If numbers were so important why not play Darcy Moore in the ruck.

When people were saying Grundy gets it 20 times which made him the best ruck in the comp, I didn't understand why you wanted your ruck getting it 20 times. Probably the worst kick and handballer in the team. If numbers were so important why not play Darcy Moore in the ruck.
Grundy is very tidy though, which backs up getting the odd 20 touches

A serviceable ruck who can (competently) get the ball 20 times is better than an elite tap who is then invisible (Jamar) in my opinion.

Yeah I would be very happy if the only touches Gawn had were defensive marks where he handballs to a runner, or marks right in the goal square of our forward 50. Watching him handle the ball makes me anxious af

Yeah I would be very happy if the only touches Gawn had were defensive marks where he handballs to a runner, or marks right in the goal square of our forward 50. Watching him handle the ball makes me anxious af

Grundy is better than average but the argument that him getting 20 touches a game makes him AA is wrong imo. That's like saying tom Bugg must be an elite pressure forward if he can average 20 touches. A rucks job foremost should be judged on ruck work, then position to either defend or take marks inside 50's, create contests down the line then disposals.

100% this.
People using the same argument on the MB Rolling AA thread.
Who gives a sh*t how many times your ruckman gets it!? That's not really his job.
Max looks the most imposing in a marking contest of those 3 too although NicNat can take a hanger.

100% this.
People using the same argument on the MB Rolling AA thread.
Who gives a sh*t how many times your ruckman gets it!? That's not really his job.
Max looks the most imposing in a marking contest of those 3 too although NicNat can take a hanger.
Yeah I reckon Gawn and Grundy both make the team at this stage, but Gawn has to be starting ruck. He's clearly better at that part of the game.

Speaking of AA, I reckon Oliver and Hogan are in the squad at this stage too. That's all I'd have from us, and I don't think anyone else is likely to get near it unless Hibberd and Lever really pick up. If Jetta hasn't made the team before, he certainly won't this year.

Yeah I reckon Gawn and Grundy both make the team at this stage, but Gawn has to be starting ruck. He's clearly better at that part of the game.

Speaking of AA, I reckon Oliver and Hogan are in the squad at this stage too. That's all I'd have from us, and I don't think anyone else is likely to get near it unless Hibberd and Lever really pick up. If Jetta hasn't made the team before, he certainly won't this year.

If Lever is going to be in AA frame if he picks up, then so is every 195+ cm defender in the comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back