The Amnesty Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If we can convince the Swans to give him to us for a Cloke price I would love Tippett. Park him in the square, Hoges goes nuts at CHF and Weid knows he has to get past him to play. Also solves the Gawn chopout problem.

Collingwood were desperate to get rid of Cloke and are even picking up some of his wage. Sydney ain't paying Tippett to pay for us

We are getting far too negative given we were not far off being 4-0 if we'd only had less than 5% improvement in composure, or you know had Hogan and Lewis (and Gawn if not injured) playing. The sense that this is the Dean Bailey side reincarnated is a massive stretch. We are just a nervous fan base that is already questioning if we really have turned the corner. I'm still sure we have.

We are getting far too negative given we were not far off being 4-0 if we'd only had less than 5% improvement in composure, or you know had Hogan and Lewis (and Gawn if not injured) playing. The sense that this is the Dean Bailey side reincarnated is a massive stretch. We are just a nervous fan base that is already questioning if we really have turned the corner. I'm still sure we have.

There's certainly a lot of anxiousness amongst the supporter base, I can't blame people for being negative considering our past history.

Still think we will go 7-3 if we win on Monday night, you guys can pot me all you want but I've got confidence in the team IF we beat the Tigers.

Collingwood were desperate to get rid of Cloke and are even picking up some of his wage. Sydney ain't paying Tippett to pay for us
The catch is that I dont think Tippett wants to be there.

Still don't see Sydney paying a portion of his 750 or whatever. I'd take him for the right price of course
That would have to be pretty cheap. He's played very ordinarily for the past two seasons. Has the occasional highlight game, but is largely ineffective.

My wife refers to him as the ghost as you know he's on the field, but you just can't find him.

That would have to be pretty cheap. He's played very ordinarily for the past two seasons. Has the occasional highlight game, but is largely ineffective.

My wife refers to him as the ghost as you know he's on the field, but you just can't find him.

Tip got coin based on his Adelaide days. Also a handshake deal to get him out. If he leaves, it'll be on exposed form, and he won't get 750

We lose tonight for one simple reason - we over-posses the ball while Richmond play long and direct football. In the wet this will kill us. I don’t see Goody having the tactical nous or the humility to alter his game-plan. As such, I predict the Tigs to maul us and we will have no one to blame but our selves (i.e. the FD).

We lose tonight for one simple reason - we over-posses the ball while Richmond play long and direct football. In the wet this will kill us. I don’t see Goody having the tactical nous or the humility to alter his game-plan. As such, I predict the Tigs to maul us and we will have no one to blame but our selves (i.e. the FD).

I have always found this funny.
Simon Goodwin was groomed by a premiership coach and was selected from a field of candidates. Yet he wouldn't be able to change the game plan due to conditions that a punter on bigfooty has noticed that he couldn't

I have always found this funny.
Simon Goodwin was groomed by a premiership coach and was selected from a field of candidates. Yet he wouldn't be able to change the game plan due to conditions that a punter on bigfooty has noticed that he couldn't

Firstly, Mark Neeld was groomed by a premiership coach and selected from a field of candidates. What's your point?

Secondly, I am sure Goody is completely aware there will be rain tonight. What I am not sure of is his ability to alter the way we play and his ability to communicate to his players on how to adapt to the wet conditions.

Also this is the amnesty thread. There are no wrong opinions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Goody would have put no thought into a wet weather game style for a game that is played mostly during winter in Melbourne?

Also I don't know if its supposed to be wet but I'll back our inside midfield against there's in the wet. Think both games against them have been in the wet and we monstered them

Last year was a little dewy but still very good conditions overall, the year before yeah we monstered them but a lot has changed in two years.

Still back our mids against theirs in the wet.

Firstly, Mark Neeld was groomed by a premiership coach and selected from a field of candidates. What's your point?

Secondly, I am sure Goody is completely aware there will be rain tonight. What I am not sure of is his ability to alter the way we play and his ability to communicate to his players on how to adapt to the wet conditions.

Amnesty thread? Carry on

There are certainly wrong opinions... we just can't maul you for them in the amnesty thread.

Respect the amnesty.

Its completely valid to question Goodwin (FWIW I disagree) without being told that he was groomed by Roos.

Mick won a flag with Neeld, Watters and Buckley as his main three assistants. How did that work out?

Respect the amnesty.

Its completely valid to question Goodwin (FWIW I disagree) without being told that he was groomed by Roos.

Mick won a flag with Neeld, Watters and Buckley as his main three assistants. How did that work out?
I did say carry on

Biggest issue for me right now is effort. I think we have the skills and (just as the players are still developing) Goody is still in a learning curve. If we can get 4 qtrs of effort we will go a long way. As mentioned we were close with most games this year that would have had results reversed with a bit more consistency.

From MFC website.

Did you know …

Hawthorn still had 15 premiership players in its side on the weekend. Melbourne had one premiership player, Jordan Lewis, who, of course, played in four flags for the Hawks.

Our boys are learning how to bring 4 qtrs consistently. Hawthorn in the first 5 rounds were trying to remember how to do it. Unfortunately they had total recall against us :(

Dunn would be handy atm

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

It's an interesting topic, just as he came good and started to play some consistent footy the club put a line through his name. I wonder if something happened that we're unaware of

Remove this Banner Ad

Back