The Amnesty Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah had a family issue, he didn't do anything wrong that I'm aware of. I don't blame the club, OMac looked like he was really coming on last season. No idea why he looks half baked this year.

Hogan is criminally underrated by our supporters as well as supporters of opposition clubs.

J. Smith and Weideman would've helped us win at least two more games this year.

Weid's game last week may prove otherwise - Against Werribee - 6 disposals (3k,3HB), 2 marks 0 goals -1 behind 1 HO 1 tackle

Col Sylvia would flourish in the Dees 2017 team.

Agreed. A fresh batch of talented youngsters about the place would probably have extended his festival attendances another 5 years.

In another time, he'd have been useful as a medium forward. Had half-decent mitts and a good set shot for goal. As a midfielder, he'd be offering about the same as Tyson, ANB or Vince circa 2017 so can't really see the point there.

Agreed. A fresh batch of talented youngsters about the place would probably have extended his festival attendances another 5 years.

In another time, he'd have been useful as a medium forward. Had half-decent mitts and a good set shot for goal. As a midfielder, he'd be offering about the same as Tyson, ANB or Vince circa 2017 so can't really see the point there.

Worth having him on the list just for the Richmond game

Each to their own but I respectfully disagree.
Smith an unknown and Weideman 2 years off impacting a game
Smith is an athletic 3rd tall with pace and good foot skills, he'd round out our back 6 nicely IMO. Weideman would provide a good aerial foil for Hogan, allowing him to roam further afield rather than being triple teamed from the goal square.

Smith is an athletic 3rd tall with pace and good foot skills, he'd round out our back 6 nicely IMO. Weideman would provide a good aerial foil for Hogan, allowing him to roam further afield rather than being triple teamed from the goal square.
Whilst I don't disagree with the sentiment regarding Smith, he's unproven so not sure he'd be the difference.
Weid has played a handful of games this year and shown he's not up to it yet (not his fault and will be a ripper). Pedo plays this role better for mine.

(Not taking a shot at you Sando22)

I know this is a losing battle, but footy standard phrases/cliches like "for mine" annoy me as they add no additional value to a sentence.
The use of present tense i.e. "who wins this weekend?" annoys me - just use a future tense (who will/should win) like a normal person. I suppose people use it to sound more authoritative and definitive - the AFL site uses it a fair bit too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this is a losing battle, but footy standard phrases/cliches like "for mine" annoy me as they add no additional value to a sentence.
for what it's worth I tend to agree in essence for mine personally ...... litterally

The use of present tense i.e. "who wins this weekend?" annoys me - just use a future tense (who will/should win) like a normal person. I suppose people use it to sound more authoritative and definitive - the AFL site uses it a fair bit too.
Thanks lads.
IMO it's fine.

Paul Roos' fault. He is truly the worst for the "for mine" thing. Then everyone caught the disease.

For mine, "for mine" has been around for yonks. Thought that worked its way in and then out years ago, and now seems to be making a comeback.

For mine, "for mine" has been around for yonks. Thought that worked its way in and then out years ago, and now seems to be making a comeback.
Roos has been around for yonks too though. And he probably inherited it - sort of genetic for mine.

Roos has been around for yonks too though. And he probably inherited it - sort of genetic for mine.

The mining of the for mine needs to stop. Save Australia's precious mineerals.

Whilst I don't disagree with the sentiment regarding Smith, he's unproven so not sure he'd be the difference.
Weid has played a handful of games this year and shown he's not up to it yet (not his fault and will be a ripper). Pedo plays this role better for mine.
I like the 'for mine'. It's respectful, showing that you know it's just an opinion, not a fact. Nice manners for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back