The Amnesty Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My Higgins avatar punishment is finally over - I sincerely apologise for any distress that it may have caused any of you over the past month. However, the respite may be short-lived as I fully intend to invite Norf supporters to bet again in Round 19. This will continue until we have beaten them. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
I personally enjoyed the irony of the fact that I would absolutely expect someone by the name of Sir Hugh Percy to have a butler named Higgins.

My Higgins avatar punishment is finally over - I sincerely apologise for any distress that it may have caused any of you over the past month. However, the respite may be short-lived as I fully intend to invite Norf supporters to bet again in Round 19. This will continue until we have beaten them. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

We thank you for your sacrifice

Jayden Hunt has been s**t since the Adelaide game.
He and Goodwin need to find Plan B for him. Opposition coaches have worked him out and are shutting him down completely. I can deal with his clangers and long up and under bombs if he's gaining us a lot of ground throughout a match(look at JJ who won a Norm Smith with hardly hitting a target), but the problem is he can't find the footy. His opponent is playing very defensive on him and it's making it hard for him to run and carry. We need him to find form, like next weekend..

He and Goodwin need to find Plan B for him. Opposition coaches have worked him out and are shutting him down completely. I can deal with his clangers and long up and under bombs if he's gaining us a lot of ground throughout a match(look at JJ who won a Norm Smith with hardly hitting a target), but the problem is he can't find the footy. His opponent is playing very defensive on him and it's making it hard for him to run and carry. We need him to find form, like next weekend..

Couldn't agree more although him being tagged is allowing Hibberd to run free so that's a bonus.

A problem with Hunt is when he gets the ball the opposition can fold back and wait for his 60m dump kick to no one.

Couldn't agree more although him being tagged is allowing Hibberd to run free so that's a bonus.

A problem with Hunt is when he gets the ball the opposition can fold back and wait for his 60m dump kick to no one.
I'd be happy with that because at least he'd be finding the footy. Problem is, he can't gain posession ATM. Its not a coincidence there has been a massive drop off by a lot of players since our month of 6 day breaks then Darwin. I think our gameplan is far too taxing and most of our side are spent. Hunt being one of them. We looked cooked. I can see is losing our last three games tbh. Its not a game or two form slump, we've looked cooked since Round 13.

I'd be happy with that because at least he'd be finding the footy. Problem is, he can't gain posession ATM. Its not a coincidence there has been a massive drop off by a lot of players since our month of 6 day breaks then Darwin. I think our gameplan is far too taxing and most of our side are spent. Hunt being one of them. We looked cooked. I can see is losing our last three games tbh. Its not a game or two form slump, we've looked cooked since Round 13.
I agree Crusty Demon. We do looked cooked. Our manic style is just like the doggies and it's got to be hard on the players. Maybe it takes a couple of years for the players bodies to be able to cope with it? It reminds me of St Kilda and Freo under Lyon. It looked like he burnt the players out. We look just like that.

I'd be happy with that because at least he'd be finding the footy. Problem is, he can't gain posession ATM. Its not a coincidence there has been a massive drop off by a lot of players since our month of 6 day breaks then Darwin. I think our gameplan is far too taxing and most of our side are spent. Hunt being one of them. We looked cooked. I can see is losing our last three games tbh. Its not a game or two form slump,
we've looked cooked since Round 13.

It's really only with hindsight now it's become obvious, scraped home against Carlton and jumped port and held on but we aren't the same side from early in the season.
Injuries have played a huge part but I agree we are going to struggle to recover this season now

Glad to finally take my chance at the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and say I don't rate Dom Tyson as a consistent performer. He has good games every once in a while, but others do everything he does better. Not saying trade him to Gold Coast for pick 60 but not inspired either.

Glad to finally take my chance at the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and say I don't rate Dom Tyson as a consistent performer. He has good games every once in a while, but others do everything he does better. Not saying trade him to Gold Coast for pick 60 but not inspired either.
He's a classic show a lot of promise early, tread water and regress type of footballer. In his first year he looked a smooth moving, classy player who muffed the odd kick but generally made good decisions and knew where the goals were. Now he's good at winning possession, stuffing it up, not showing any defensive intensity (something people s**t on Hogan for) and doesn't impact the scoreboard. Sadly, we don't have the depth to drop him bust he's a very disappointing player in my eyes.

Completely agree. Hes an OK inside midfielder who plays the odd good game mixed in with a lot of average. Can't go forward or back and us behind Oliver Viney and Jones as an inside midfielder right now.
Would trade him for a top 18 pick if offered.

Completely agree. Hes an OK inside midfielder who plays the odd good game mixed in with a lot of average. Can't go forward or back and us behind Oliver Viney and Jones as an inside midfielder right now.
Would trade him for a top 18 pick if offered.
Any pick under 30 would be a bonus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our season finished two weeks ago after that pitiful final quarter against norf. To see us roll over against that sh*tstain club with the wind at our backs said everything it needed to about how much we want it this season. And defend goody all you like but I reckon Justin Plapp could have done a better job at 3qtr time inspiring the players to a better effort and a galvanizing win.

If you want to see a club play with some purpose and belief, look no further than our opponents this weekend. Clearly they're inspired to play for their skipper while our players already look resigned to defeat. Much like I am. But can you blame me when we've seen opportunity melt away in our own players hands that many times that they don't even want to grab for it anymore. Big wins interstate when the pressures off mean nothing when you can't get a win at your home ground at the pointy end of the season when it matters.

St Kilda will roll us this weekend and none of us should be surprised. If you want some return for your unhealthy investment in this perennial let down of a club, drop your paycheck on the aints.

Ah sweet amnesty, I feel better now

BUMPPPPPPP

Getting rid of Dunn because he's supposedly not mobile enough was up there with the stupidest decisions this club has made in the last 10 years. He's a gun and moves super well. He's also the exact player that we need. Good by foot, good one on one, and would free Lever up.

BUMPPPPPPP

Getting rid of Dunn because he's supposedly not mobile enough was up there with the stupidest decisions this club has made in the last 10 years. He's a gun and moves super well. He's also the exact player that we need. Good by foot, good one on one, and would free Lever up.
Meh...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back