Preview The Angus Monfries Memorial Cup (Round 4 vs Essendon)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gleeson and McKenna being out helps us a lot on that score. Other than Saad they don’t really have much else by way of backline speed, which I assume is why eth-dog was listing quick but inexperienced defenders like McNiece and Redman as potential ins for the Bombers. Which is also why I think this would be a good week to play Thomas, as he could hopefully put his experience to good use against players like those two. Split up SPP’s midfield time between Rocky and Wingard and let Lindsay cover their spot in the forward line.
Pretty much what I'm thinking except my idea was Boak and Rocky share the midfield duties.

Stef Martin was great against us. He scored 177 in AFL Fantasy, the highest scorer of the round. I can’t begin to imagine what Bellchambers will do against us if we don’t bring in a decent ruck.

I for one certainly hope that he doesn’t score a certain amount in AFL fantasy, that would be awful I guess.

I watched Essendon last week against the Bulldogs, and I was shocked at what I saw.

They had skills reminiscent of Auskickers; no intensity around the ball; their defenders were unaccountably running forward; their best midfielders Heppell, Zaharakis and Merrett were seagulling outside and their forwards had ero confidence to take a mark or kick a goal.

I'm more inclined to believe that this was an aberration, as I rated the Bombers going into this season. All teams have one or two (or more) games during a year when they are not switched on for some reason, and it's not like the Bulldogs played amazing footy either.

Knowing how well they play Etihad, and how poor our results have been there, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they have an over-correction of aggression and intensity this week. We need to be switched on from the start, absorb their initial burst and then grind them into the concrete.

I still expect us to win, as I think we're the better team, but the distractions this week for the playing group have me worried - they've proven to be mental albatrosses in the past, and anything less than full focus will lead to our first bad loss.

A win here is bigger than Sydney in Sydney.

A stadium we're routinely terrible at, in a time slot that sucks, and with no ruck on top of an exterior distraction.

Essendon in a must-win backs against the wall position.

Reeks of Heppell has 59 disposals/Hooker kicks twelve/Hurley converts Dixon to Scientology where they don't allow marks or goals.

A win here is bigger than Sydney in Sydney.

A stadium we're routinely terrible at, in a time slot that sucks, and with no ruck on top of an exterior distraction.

Essendon in a must-win backs against the wall position.

Reeks of Heppell has 59 disposals/Hooker kicks twelve/Hurley converts Dixon to Scientology where they don't allow marks or goals.
It's the only time slot that's any good on a Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

@NuffiesWhoOwnInstagramPages

Screenshot_2018-04-10-22-57-51-528_com.instagram.android.png
EDIT: Lol. Thought that page used to be decent;
"We very much get (the joke). It's just in poor taste - and has no comedic value whatsoever".
Alyx you've rusted many jimmies. Well done sir!
EDIT2: Just took it down, lol.
IMG_20180410_231715.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yeh. Shitadelaide can be hit and miss. Seems all they saw was jk jk monfries is dead, and not the whole post. Whoever runs it appear to be crows supporters as well (and work in government).

Selection will say a lot about how this plays out..

Doesn't look like much word of change. Will come down to centre clearances as they're everything at Etihad. Essendon are getting roasted here, they'll win by 5-6 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back