Preview The Angus Monfries Memorial Cup (Round 4 vs Essendon)

Remove this Banner Ad

If we win this , Even by 1 point, I’ll rate it as a better win than the general football public would

I think this will be really tough.

If you wanted to be pessimistic you could say that last year we beat Sydney in Sydney - done it again this year. Last year we smashed freo and Brisbane - this year we won a lot less convincingly

That’s way too simplistic I know but erasing last years etihad debacle would be a handy piece of evidence that we are who we think we are this year

If we win this , Even by 1 point, I’ll rate it as a better win than the general football public would

I think this will be really tough.

If you wanted to be pessimistic you could say that last year we beat Sydney in Sydney - done it again this year. Last year we smashed freo and Brisbane - this year we won a lot less convincingly

That’s way too simplistic I know but erasing last years etihad debacle would be a handy piece of evidence that we are who we think we are this year
This year Freo Brisbane and Swans are better than they were last year

ZmB0r3q.jpg

In Brazil, people say that footballers die twice; the first time is when they retire.

OP poster is highly appropriated.

I've got a bad feeling about this one. I can't see us winning with no ruck.
Suspect we'll get shafted by the umps but as for no ruck, let's wait 'til the team is announced.
Imo it's a great time to debut Billy but feel like i'm whistling in the wind. They'll come out firing after last week but we ARE good
enough to win.

I liked and still like Impey but his befuddled ineffectiveness in the equivalent game last year sticks in my memory. Even if everything from last year's game is similar without Impey the margin will be 5 goals less.

Our win against Brisbane IMO is one of those wins where it's all about how we respond in the next match, if we turn up from the first bounce and go on to win then last weeks performance will seem more acceptable but if we turn up half asleep, lazy and go onto lose then that'll be very troubling and will make last weeks win seem pointless. The best sides show up in these games Port, prove to us that you aspire to be the best!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to be optimistic about this one so here goes.

1. Westhoff is much more effective on this ground when he is allowed to run outside the ruck.
2. This is one of Tom Rockliff's best grounds, of the three grounds he has played more than 10 games on he has the best stats here.
3. Essendon played appallingly badly last week, had the Bulldogs kicked anywhere near straight that brain explosion Daniher had in the last quarter wouldn't have meant anything.

Just read that the Ch 7 telecast of this game is delayed till 3pm. **** off campaigners!!!
Yea just noticed that.. I'll be watching through a potato on the best ice cream I can find.. **** AFL apps & Fuxtel

this game has all the hallmarks of a typical port adelaide loss. The challenge is for the coaches to understand what went wrong against brisbane and make the tuff calls at selection if it is needed instead of waiting for a loss and then making the changes then, i think the coaches should be proactive and at least make 2 changes and possibly 3. We should really be focusing on getting first hands to the ball this week as that has been the common theme when teams have got on top of us during the first 3 rounds

This year Freo Brisbane and Swans are better than they were last year
yep agree totally - but still feel this weeks game is a real tangible measuring stick to compare this year to last year

Paying $8.50

Pretty weird that the 39+ Essendon win that happened so easily just 15 games ago is paying that sort of price considering there has been no major change of fortunes for either team since that day. Unfortunately, it's a value bet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back