Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 20, 2007
Perf
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
New York Jets, Toronto Raptors
Hey All,

The Antlers will be releasing an EP titled Undersea, in July, a couple of tracks have been released through an NPR summer special over in the states, FWIW their last album, Burst Apart, was completely amazing, prob my favourite album of last year, Hospice too was gorgeous, Kettering is a song I could listen to over and over. I see them mentioned every now and then on the board so just looking to start a bit of discussion about one of the best bands going around at the moment :thumbsu:

Apologies if there is already a thread, I looked on the search function but no dedicated threads popped up.

Yeh the Antlers are pretty sick.

It took me forever to get into Hospice but when it clicked it was awesome. Bear and Two are among my favourite songs.

I liked Burst Apart but it wasn't nearly as good as Hospice. Were some good tunes though.

In the Attic.. has some good songs on it as well. Not sure if it is classified as an EP or an album but it's awesome

The vocals on 'Crest' in particular are phenomenal, your'e right, a tinge of Buckley, but quite unique in their own right, I feel Burst Apart was instantly more accessible than Hospice was, Hospice for me anyway was definitely a grower, an album that I only initially liked a bit but the more I listened the more things that kept jumping out at me, an amazing album that now comfortably sits amongst my all time faves, Ive read it was a concept album set around events in a hospital? Dont know how true that is. Hope they tour soon, caught them at Laneway a few years back, would love to see them in their own show :thumbsu:

Prob my favourite Antlers track, just listening to this again, his vocals are outrageously good!

Yeh I'd very keen to see them again.

I too saw them at Laneway but at that stage I was only a part-time fan and Hospice still hadn't really sunk in.

Reckon they should make Hospice into a book or something. The whole concept is pretty awesome, although in the context of an album, can only really be glossed over.

I think I've heard part of it was autobiographical too.

Started listening to Hospice a couple of weeks ago. Album is absolutely immense. The vocals in Epilogue are some of the best I've heard.

Bump.

New album is out - anyone listened? They've been on a steady decline for a little while, but Familiars was a nice follow up album to Burst Apart. Probably their most sparse to date, and they've continued on that tangent on Green to Gold. Production is noticeably soft, in part because their lead singer's suffering from tinnitus and the album touches on that a fair bit.

As usual there's a couple of very strong tracks, but it's their weakest LP to date.

Burst Apart has grown on me a fair bit over the past couple of years. Not on the same level of Hospice, but a couple of tracks are on par - the back half is really strong, and Putting The Dog To Sleep is a comfortable top 5 Antlers track.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back