Remove this Banner Ad

theprospect

Club Legend
Saints Pledge Contributor
Sep 26, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Has to be said that over the last two months, Jack Billings has done what we've all been waiting for/hoping for/expecting over the last 2-3 years. Many weren't sure when it was going to happen, or even if. After the way he started the year, it seemed as if it was going to be another season of hope and disappointment for Jack. But credit where credit is due, he has well and truly arrived. If it wasn't for Seb Ross, I dare say he'd be leading our B&F right now, still probably top 3 along side or in between Ross and Roberton.

Over the first 5 rounds of the season, Jack had kicked just 2.9, whilst also averaging 10.4 kicks, 9.8 handballs, 3.6 inside 50's, 4 marks and 2.6 tackles.

Since the Round 6 game against Hawthorn, Jack has since kicked 12.12, and in that time also improving his game in a number of main statistical areas including 13.1 kicks, 11 handballs, 5 inside 50's, 5.8 marks and 3.9 tackles. In that time, he has also been 'Sainter of the Day' 3 times, after not being BOG for the Saints at all prior to his 50th game against Carlton.

Whilst his numbers may have only gone up slightly in a few areas, it's the impact of his possessions that have greatly improved his game. He is having more score involvements, his disposal efficiency is up and he is a lot more dangerous going forward around the ball. With all the pressure and media scrutiny around being a top 3 pick, he has handle the expectations brilliantly over the last 8 rounds of football and is still improving every week. Kudos Jack, just how good you become is up to you and we all look forward to watching you develop further and having a great career at the Saints :heart::mwcirlce::mbcircle:

1498436910926.jpg

Funny how people say it takes a player 50 games to start to get accustomed to playing at the level and as soon as Jack hit 50 games it seems as if he's immediately elevated himself to another level.

Funny how people say it takes a player 50 games to start to get accustomed to playing at the level and as soon as Jack hit 50 games it seems as if he's immediately elevated himself to another level.

Which is precisely why we have to pump games into paddy etc.

Billings is showing the footy world why he was picked where he was. His class and pose is something special. We have a brilliant one there

Big rap from the guys On the Couch for the way the coaching staff have found the right spot for JB, although they said he will go more into the midfield in the future. They showed a graph and stats which showed he was elite in 6 out of 7 categories.

Disposals 22.6
Cont Poss 7.7
Uncon Poss 15.2
Marks 5.2
Score Assists 1.8
Score Involvements 7.2. All these elite
Goals 1.1 Above average

Big rap from the guys On the Couch for the way the coaching staff have found the right spot for JB, although they said he will go more into the midfield in the future. They showed a graph and stats which showed he was elite in 6 out of 7 categories.

Disposals 22.6
Cont Poss 7.7
Uncon Poss 15.2
Marks 5.2
Score Assists 1.8
Score Involvements 7.2. All these elite
Goals 1.1 Above average
Was just about to post about this :)

Well done JB! More 30 & 5's to come me thinks

So we've got to give Paddy another 35 injury uninterrupted games at the very least!!

Bloke is also lead singer of nothing but thieves, becoming a real all rounder

212ce4b76786279afb8a56d9b7e1e034.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i questioned if he had what it takes to really take the bull by the horns and stamp himself on the competition. he's proving me wrong and i love it

i think simplifying his role to what he is suited to is really helping him of late i think once that gets bedded down he could try push into the midfield again but having said that i think the best bang for buck from him will always be closer to the 50m arc. i'd love him to start taking more shots from there on the run as i think that will be the most damaging aspect of his game, just the ability to hurt the oppo at distance if given the chance

Has to be said that over the last two months, Jack Billings has done what we've all been waiting for/hoping for/expecting over the last 2-3 years. Many weren't sure when it was going to happen, or even if. After the way he started the year, it seemed as if it was going to be another season of hope and disappointment for Jack. But credit where credit is due, he has well and truly arrived. If it wasn't for Seb Ross, I dare say he'd be leading our B&F right now, still probably top 3 along side or in between Ross and Roberton.

Over the first 5 rounds of the season, Jack had kicked just 2.9, whilst also averaging 10.4 kicks, 9.8 handballs, 3.6 inside 50's, 4 marks and 2.6 tackles.

Since the Round 6 game against Hawthorn, Jack has since kicked 12.12, and in that time also improving his game in a number of main statistical areas including 13.1 kicks, 11 handballs, 5 inside 50's, 5.8 marks and 3.9 tackles. In that time, he has also been 'Sainter of the Day' 3 times, after not being BOG for the Saints at all prior to his 50th game against Carlton.

Whilst his numbers may have only gone up slightly in a few areas, it's the impact of his possessions that have greatly improved his game. He is having more score involvements, his disposal efficiency is up and he is a lot more dangerous going forward around the ball. With all the pressure and media scrutiny around being a top 3 pick, he has handle the expectations brilliantly over the last 8 rounds of football and is still improving every week. Kudos Jack, just how good you become is up to you and we all look forward to watching you develop further and having a great career at the Saints :heart::mwcirlce::mbcircle:

View attachment 385940

I support this thread 100% :D

The kid is a ripper.

What is interesting is that when we draft players the Comments are always like "He will eventually move into a full time mid role as he builds up etc". To me that is such crap because if we are talking about elite talent, they are elite in that particular positions as a junior for a reason, otherwise everyone would be a midfielder.

Just pick the kids and play them in the position that they were drafted as, and don't try and turn them into something that they are not. Not many players transition into elite midfielders by being flankers etc in the u18s. Sorry about the rant just had to get that one out haha.

But back to Billings, the kid is very much a confidence player. One he gets the confidence levels to a 100 then watch out. I think we are only seeing about 75% of what he can actually do. The other 25 will be brownlow worthy mark my words.

Thoroughly enjoying watching him play this season...Awesome to see him not looking like the weight of the world is on his shoulders.Absolute weapon in the forward half of the ground & can't wait for him to haul in one of those big pack marks he's been threatening to take for a while now.

Can't help but feel this blokes gonna get us over the line in some big games over the next few years...sign him up saints!!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back