The articles thread

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Thought we could have a thread to paste articles that don't really fit into any current thread but don't warrant a new thread to be made.

I thought this was a good read -

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/tacticsandanalysis/id/1605?cc=3436

Basically highlights how players who are reliant on pace peaked much earlier than expected and couldn't regain their form after their loss of pace.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I'm not so sure. He has completely failed at adapting with his lack of pace. He's a quarter of the player he used to be. Ronaldo (9) made a fantastic adaptation. Two knee recos later after heavily relying on speed and he turned into a vicious poacher.

And FAITH this proves my point about Kaka.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
I'm not so sure. He has completely failed at adapting with his lack of pace. He's a quarter of the player he used to be. Ronaldo (9) made a fantastic adaptation. Two knee recos later after heavily relying on speed and he turned into a vicious poacher.

kaka is technically a great player i think he can adapt even though he aint as quick

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.

I feel we create a lot of tap in's and one on ones with Coutinho, Suarez, Gerrard putting Torres through time and time again. Maybe he would return to his fearsome best.

Naaah. He's shite.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
kaka is technically a great player i think he can adapt even though he aint as quick
Clearly not as he is a shadow of his past self. And if you read the article you'd know this clearly isn't the case.

I feel we create a lot of tap in's and one on ones with Coutinho, Suarez, Gerrard putting Torres through time and time again. Maybe he would return to his fearsome best.

Naaah. He's shite.
Maybe. I doubt it though, will never regain his legacy.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I quite like Kolarov and think he's been pretty good this season. He does come in for a lot of stick from City supporters at the ground and away from it which is a shame.

But for me he doesnt do enough consistently going forward to justify his less than sterling defensive work. Although after Clichy's game last night I win't be unhappy to see him in the side on the weekend.

Crows_United_FC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United

Wow very good article! When he left Milan and joined us I was shocked! Considering his 'loyalty' to them!
But if they were not willing to offer him a one year contract then it's understandable! Ever since he left AC, they have been a different team. His leadership on the pitch is unbelievable! I want him to stay at Juve, but in a few years I wouldn't mind if he came to the A-league, just so us Aussie football fans can see him brilliance up close. :)

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Back