Philadelphia Eagles

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/26/did-l...rson-keep-them-in-the-premier-league-5167465/

If we do stay up, hopefully this means more managers are given more time before getting the sack. I do think that most owners are somewhat trigger happy with managers. Bit of patience has done us the world of good with Pearson :thumbsu:

To be fair the danger for you guys now is that you don't adjust the squad much. While Pearson got you out of the mess, he also got you into it in the first place. It's actually a very dangerous place for you guys now about whether you replace players - which will upset the squad - because they couldn't be consistent over the season, or whether you keep them and run the risk of running it to the wire again next year.

Sometimes sacking a manager can do a world of good though, just look at Villa.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
To be fair the danger for you guys now is that you don't adjust the squad much. While Pearson got you out of the mess, he also got you into it in the first place. It's actually a very dangerous place for you guys now about whether you replace players - which will upset the squad - because they couldn't be consistent over the season, or whether you keep them and run the risk of running it to the wire again next year.

Sometimes sacking a manager can do a world of good though, just look at Villa.
Oh no doubt. It's definitely a balancing act. It just seems to be the easy option and doesn't always leave you in a better position. Refreshing to see it work the other way for a change.

I think there will definitely be squad updates. We have a few that are definitely going out and a few that we will replace. I don't think wholesale changes are needed though. The players will have benefited so much from the exposure this season. I actually think Hull did this really well last off season, you've just been smashed by injury.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
http://www.espnfc.com.au/barclays-p...ster-united-top-list-of-premier-league-champs

Should spark a bit of a conversation here. I disagree with the notion that Europe should be taken into account as it's about the best Premier League winners, but each to their own.

Would probably put Arsenal at number three, and I think Chelsea are a bit stuff not to be number one. All time points record, least goals conceded in a season and fantastic all over the park.

Didn't really matter though did it? That would make sense if they'd been pipped for 1st but they still won it anyway.
I'd take either to be fair. But for me, if you'd ask me whether I'd rather City going unbeaten next season with 90 points, or lose a game and get 95 i'll go with the points.

Back