The Ashes. Fifth Test Australia v England @ Blundstone Arena, Hobart, 14-18 January 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

He could make me look like an idiot but I'm quite glad Wood is bowling right now rather than the other 3.

What’s with the complaining about the pitch? For the last 15 years we have had to put up with roads as pitches.
It is doing what it should do on the first day of a test, favour the quicks.
Batsman need to tough it out and they will enjoy their time as the game goes on.
Is it actually too much to ask for batsman to guys it out these days? The bowlers have had to guts it out all over the world for years and years trying to bowl on roads. Where were the complaints for the poor old bowlers then?
Good test match pitch, let’s find out who the real good players are now.
People really don't understand what a road is nowadays. How many draws happen in Australia nowadays?
Is it because most here can't differentiate between test cricket and limited over hit and giggle?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australian batsmen against a ball that moves is not usually great and today is no different. Warner has no idea and Smith has turned into a rabbit? If they make 150 it will be a mighty effort. I suspect the Aussies will be bowling tonight?

If anything, we need more green pitches. This one might be a bit much for a D/N test (would be great if it was a red ball test) but the one in Melbourne was fine, and we did it well enough (not counting for a diabolical English side). If we're going to win a series in England, these are the pitches we need to perform on.
Cricket will go backwards here if we do that. England are going to have to make conditions in County Cricket more batter friendly if they want to improve their test team.

Australian batsmen against a ball that moves is not usually great and today is no different. Warner has no idea and Smith has turned into a rabbit? If they make 150 it will be a mighty effort. I suspect the Aussies will be bowling tonight?
On the last 2 pitches like this in Hobart Warner got 120* in a total of 220 and Smith got 45* in a total of 80.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back