The Ashes, First Test Australia v England @ The Gabba 8-12 December

Remove this Banner Ad

Those specks of dust causing so much Anglo Australian angst is upon us again. Happy days!
Australia, David Warner, Marcus Harris, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Cameron Green, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins (capt), Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Starc.
England from, Joe Root (c), Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Jos Buttler (wk), Haseeb Hameed, Jack Leach, Dawid Malan, Ollie Pope, Ollie Robinson, Ben Stokes, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood.

As you will gentlemen and ladies.

Strangest build up to an Ashes series Ive ever seen. Covid quarantine, no lead up games, non stop weather issues, Oz captain resigining in personal disgrace, no captain being announced until a few days before the 1st Test and uncertainity in who plays for both sides until the last few days.

All this intrigue probably means either a great test series or an absolute crappy standard one.

Strangest build up to an Ashes series Ive ever seen. Covid quarantine, no lead up games, non stop weather issues, Oz captain resigining in personal disgrace, no captain being announced until a few days before the 1st Test and uncertainity in who plays for both sides until the last few days.

All this intrigue probably means either a great test series or an absolute crappy standard one.

add to that a WAG stepping into the spotlight with "I don't like it, someone think of the WAGs"

This summer could be topped off with kym hughes type tearful event. I just hope it's the Poms and not us with the waterworks.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Can we please, please, for the love of all that is sacred, stop playing Test Matches in a city that's had more wash-outs than Dennis Rodman's hair!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chriso11

Premiership Player
Aug 18, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Those specks of dust causing so much Anglo Australian angst is upon us again. Happy days!
Australia, David Warner, Marcus Harris, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Cameron Green, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins (capt), Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Starc.
England from, Joe Root (c), Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Jos Buttler (wk), Haseeb Hameed, Jack Leach, Dawid Malan, Ollie Pope, Ollie Robinson, Ben Stokes, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood.

As you will gentlemen and ladies.
Is the glasses wiping flog lining up as part of the first XI?

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Its gonna piss down the first 3 days.

Meanwhile here in Perth its high 30's already... urgh.

Working from home tomorrow so I'll be on the couch from 8am... 'working'.

Maybe we just take it for the match practice it is. No chance of a result.

toml

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Weather wont be as bad as people are expecting. Maybe a bit of play lost the first 2 afternoons. Pretty similar forecast to the last shield match at the Gabba and very little rain fell at the Gabba except for one afternoon.

Last edited:

Blue Arrow

Club Legend
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Renegades, Vics
add to that a WAG stepping into the spotlight with "I don't like it, someone think of the WAGs"

This summer could be topped off with kym hughes type tearful event. I just hope it's the Poms and not us with the waterworks.

Already happened, Paine had a sook when he went.

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG
Already happened, Paine had a sook when he went.
FB_IMG_1638888723505.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back