Votes: 62 84.9%
  • England

Votes: 11 15.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With nothing to play for in this series it's all about pride and careers now. Pleasingly Boland has retained his spot after Melbourne with Head's lurgy related absence for Ussie the only change for us while Broad for Robinson is the only change for England. Inshallah the weather allows us a good game.
Australia XI, David Warner, Marcus Harris, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Usman Khawaja, Cameron Green, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins (captain), Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Scott Boland
England XI, Haseeb Hameed, Zak Crawley, Dawid Malan, Joe Root (c), Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler (wk), Mark Wood, Jack Leach, Stuart Broad, James Anderson

With nothing to play for in this series it's all about pride and careers now. Pleasingly Boland has retained his spot after Melbourne with Head's lurgy related absence for Ussie the only change for us while Broad for Robinson is the only change for England. Inshallah the weather allows us a good game.
Australia XI, David Warner, Marcus Harris, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Usman Khawaja, Cameron Green, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins (captain), Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Scott Boland
England XI, Haseeb Hameed, Zak Crawley, Dawid Malan, Joe Root (c), Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler (wk), Mark Wood, Jack Leach, Stuart Broad, James Anderson
Good to see the Poms haven't over-reacted at selection by getting rid of any non-performers just for appearances' sake.

Is there any truth in the rumour that they've booked their passage home on the Titanic?

I don't quite agree there's nothing to play for. Sure, the Ashes have been decided, but each Test match has its own identity and is there to win. Also, there are players competing for spots in the team and others trying to salvage their Test careers. I'd be amazed if the Poms come out and play like lame ducks, the 3rd Test thrashing should at least jolt some of them into action.

Surely pitch will be green tinged? Also going to be wet through the match with little chance for a full 5 days play or for the pitch to break up and spin that much, i couldn't think of a worse situation to debut a spinner or play two spinners.

From today:

FB_IMG_1641293858612.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't quite agree there's nothing to play for. Sure, the Ashes have been decided, but each Test match has its own identity and is there to win. Also, there are players competing for spots in the team and others trying to salvage their Test careers. I'd be amazed if the Poms come out and play like lame ducks, the 3rd Test thrashing should at least jolt some of them into action.
100% always something to play for

no dead rubbers anymore.

WTC points still up for grabs.

hopefully we get no rain interruptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back