The Ashes, Second Test Australia v England @ The Adelaide Oval d/n 16-20 December

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely their best chance was either Brisbane or Adelaide of which they screwed up both times

We have 2 bowlers in Cummins and Lyon here, Starc is pretty ordinary in Melbourne...and well Boland really, handing out test caps for who knows the reason

Feel like this has disaster written all over it. Starc breaks down further, Boland has no impact. Leaves a lot on Cummins and Lyon.

Starc's record in Melbourne is hardly flattering either.

Santa bought me a 1929 Wisden and Caricatures of the 1953 Ashes Tourists by Arthur Mailey signed by the squad, O'Reilly and Fingleton. He's a good chap.

That is terrific. What a wise and generous Santa!.

Mailey remains one of my all time favourite Oz cricketers. His caricatures were spot on and his prose was always sharp.

That is terrific. What a wise and generous Santa!.

Mailey remains one of my all time favourite Oz cricketers. His caricatures were spot on and his prose was always sharp.
My favourite Mailey quote was about his career as a butcher come cricketer come journo, "First I served tripe, then I bowled it, then I wrote it".

My favourite Mailey quote was about his career as a butcher come cricketer come journo, "First I served tripe, then I bowled it, then I wrote it".

Aye, an absolute classic from the great man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After he finished with world record figures of 4 for 362 in Victoria's 1107, he's rumoured to have expressed his disappointment that the innings had ended, as he was just starting to land them properly :).

After he finished with world record figures of 4 for 362 in Victoria's 1107, he's rumoured to have expressed his disappointment that the innings had ended, as he was just starting to land them properly :).
After Holles bowled Bradman in his last innings he's said to have commented as Bradman walked off, "Best fooking ball I bowl all year and they're all clapping him."

He also complained about the spectator in the bowler hat who dropped 2 catches off him.

After Holles bowled Bradman in his last innings he's said to have commented as Bradman walked off, "Best fooking ball I bowl all year and they're all clapping him."
Or Roy Park's missus: she was in the crowd for his only Test innings, and as he was about to face his first ball, she dropped a stitch in her knitting, and focussed on retrieving it. While she was doing that, her husband was out first ball. She said later, "I looked away, and missed his entire Test career."

Back