The Ashes, Third Test Australia v England @ The MCG 26-30 December

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy Boxing Day folks

Cool and cloudy morning here. Might be a bit of early movement for those capable of generating it. The rest of the Test will be played under sunny mid 20s skies so all the bowlers will be happy.

Good luck to Scotty in his debut. He is an honest and effective Shield trundler but not much more. He is lucky as the team England most resembles is the SA Jellybacks.

Given the Covid crisis, anyone with tickets should go early.

I am guessing the Poms will wear black armbands to mark the passing of former skipper Ray Illingworth. He was a hard nosed and shrewd leader.

Maybe Root will be inspired and find some resolve. Dropping Broad who may as well have bowled in a Hawaiiian shirt at AO was a start. Ray would have given Broad a black eye and sent him home for his whines in the media.

Can we clarify if Richardson has been dropped or is he actually injured because if he has been overlooked for Boland it is quite frankly one of the most ridiculous selection moves Ive ever seen

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The China Doll has a lower leg injury.

Can we clarify if Richardson has been dropped or is he actually injured because if he has been overlooked for Boland it is quite frankly one of the most ridiculous selection moves Ive ever seen

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Still not stoked about Boland over Neser. Hope he goes well, but wouldn’t have made the change myself.

Merry Boxing Daymas to everyone. I'm definitely expecting England to hit back here. Should be a decent day of cricket. Interested to see how Boland goes. Seems like a horses for courses selection, a policy CA have been very slow to implement.

Harris being the other point of interest: Can he get a score, a decent one at that and not just a half century that prolongs his stay whilst offering no real value.

4 changes for England. You don't normally see that many changes in a Test team without things having gone **** up during that series which it both has yet hasn't: They're 2-0 down yes but they really haven't been far away. Some poor selections in have been extremely costly so far as well as, seemingly, some bowler petulance. Have to feel for Root

looking forward to some left over turkey and ham along with watching us smash the Poms, hopefully we bat first.

Probably didn't need the extra glass of Baileys last night either :$ :embarrassedv1:

Merry Boxing Daymas to everyone. I'm definitely expecting England to hit back here. Should be a decent day of cricket. Interested to see how Boland goes. Seems like a horses for courses selection, a policy CA have been very slow to implement.

Harris being the other point of interest: Can he get a score, a decent one at that and not just a half century that prolongs his stay whilst offering no real value.

4 changes for England. You don't normally see that many changes in a Test team without things having gone **** up during that series which it both has yet hasn't: They're 2-0 down yes but they really haven't been far away. Some poor selections in have been extremely costly so far as well as, seemingly, some bowler petulance. Have to feel for Root
I thought Root was the Captain, responsible for leading them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably flick between play and the NFL
Probably watch 1/2 overs between plays in the NFL.

[Ball actually in play for purportedly 11 minutes over the average 3 hours and 12 minutes. NFL’s popularity is therefore rather astonishing.]

Last edited:
I went to an NFL game once, it was very boring. My favourite bit was the quarterback called Elvis.

Depends whether we are bowling. If we are I’ll be watching 90% of the NFL. Two top games today

About to head to the G, who knows what will happen with covid over the next month or so will make sure to enjoy it.

This England side looks even worse than the last test, probably the weakest English side I've ever seen here, they will get tonked.

Hope everyone had a happy Christmas and are settling in today for what will hopefully be a decent match!

The fact is that the moment, England have only one Test class batman, supported by a few decent County players who may occasionally score a few runs at the highest level.

In terms of bowling, the two spearheads are getting old, and we haven't produced a decent spinner since Swann retired.

English cricket is going through a very poor period, hopefully temporary, andthe only thing that can save us is rain.

But... this isn't England. I wouldn't rely on it like you can in England where it is the norm.

So what time this morning on Fox is the replay of warnie getting Andrew strauss out for his 700th wicket on boxing day going to be shown.

I am guessing 5 mins into the coverage warnie won't be able to help himself.

That's the only day of a Test I've ever attended. part of history. lol

Back