The "Ask Lions_Insider!" discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's so good to have a Lions_Insider who can answer our questions so promptly, thanks heaps L_I:thumbsu:.

I have only been of BF for 2 and a half years, so a question for some of our more long standing BF members- Is this something that was brought in by this administration or has there always been an official club presence on our board?

It's so good to have a Lions_Insider who can answer our questions so promptly, thanks heaps L_I:thumbsu:.

I have only been of BF for 2 and a half years, so a question for some of our more long standing BF members- Is this something that was brought in by this administration or has there always been an official club presence on our board?

It was a previous admin idea (see the start date of the account) but neglected after an initial burst of activity. This administration has revived it and are a lot more interactive instead of just using it for an occasional announcement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the website:

NEAFL play in a curtain raiser at the Gabba v GWS Giants at 12.55pm.

Gate 2 open at 12.45pm
NEAFL bounce at 12.55pm
Corporate gates open at 2.45pm
Public gates open at 3.00pm

For the NEAFL match:
  • Seating areas opened: Sections 28 – 37. Enter via Gate 2.
  • Patrons require a match ticket to the Senior game to enter the Gabba, however will not be permitted to sit in corresponding seats.
  • The ticket office at Gate 2 will be open for patrons to purchase tickets from 12.45pm.
  • Patrons attending the curtain raiser are not permitted to move into their match day seat until public gates open (3.00pm).
  • A patron’s ticket including corporate tickets and Lions member seating allocation will be invalid for the curtain raiser seating, all patrons will be seated in the areas noted above however must be able to be scanned it at the operational gates.
Thanks. Just saw it. Not usually noted on the website (or I should say used to). I don't usually look these days since it finally sunk in how long before games it opens (normal senior games). :thumbsu:

Lions_Insider - when do you expect an announcement from the AFL on the details (date / time) for the round 23 match against West Coast?:thumbsu:

Usually they announce it around the beginning of August. I've been watching with interest too.

Usually they announce it around the beginning of August. I've been watching with interest too.
My guess is that it’ll be either the early Saturday game or Saturday twilight game given West Coast will be playing finals and will look to get back to Perth on the Saturday to prepare.

Either way, I’m just wanting to plan my weekend up in Brisbane.

Either way, I’m just wanting to plan my weekend up in Brisbane.
I'm probably heading to Melbourne that weekend so I need to figure out how to structure my commitments to see some live games. :)

Swans v Hawthorn would have to be it at this stage. It's the only game with both teams in the top 8. Melbourne v Giants is the only other one with two teams who have realistic finals chances, so overall it's a pretty awful weekend of games.

Swans v Hawthorn would have to be it at this stage. It's the only game with both teams in the top 8. Melbourne v Giants is the only other one with two teams who have realistic finals chances, so overall it's a pretty awful weekend of games.

Swans/Hawks is easily game of the round. A monty for Friday, IMO.

Swans/Hawks is easily game of the round. A monty for Friday, IMO.
Last round should be more about when the finals teams are expected to play 1st week of the finals and how much travel they will have and not to be unfairly disadvantaged. West Coast should therefore play fri night ;)

Travel should no longer be an issue with the week off before the finals. Will basically have two weeks to prepare.

Yep, was about to post myself.

ROUND 23
Friday, August 24- Sunday, August 26
Port Adelaide vs. Essendon (AO)
Carlton vs. Adelaide Crows (ES)
Geelong Cats vs. Gold Coast SUNS (GS)
Richmond vs. Western Bulldogs (MCG)
Sydney Swans vs. Hawthorn (SCG)
Brisbane Lions vs. West Coast Eagles (G)
St Kilda vs. North Melbourne (ES)
Melbourne vs. GWS GIANTS (MCG)
Fremantle vs. Collingwood (OS)

2018 TOYOTA AFL
FINALS SERIES
August 31-September 2
Bye Round – Final Eight clubs

September 6-9
Week One – Qualifying & Elimination Finals (4)
September 14 & 15
Week Two – Semi-Finals (2)
September 21 & 22
Week Three – Preliminary Finals (2)
September 29
Week Four – Toyota AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back